Reviews (1-2 of 2)
September 06, 2017
Score 10 out of 10
Guru.com is being used as an internal knowledge base across various departments. It is used by both new and seasoned users. It has proven to be a highly effective tool for retaining and sharing important knowledge around internal teams and departments. Guru.com can also be used via Slack and a Chrome extension with easy reference to cards. This is an absolute must-have for any organization.
- The segmentation of information into Collections, boards and individual cards allows you to keep a good control and organization of information contained within.
- An add-on app for Slack and a Chrome extension mean you don't even need to have the Guru.com site open to still be able to access all of your stored information.
- The ability to allow some or all users to create & edit cards adds value and strengthens the team collaboration.
- Continue expanding! Would love to see an add-on for Outlook so emails could be exported across to cards.
Read Faisal Hussain's full review
Guru.com is great for any size team, and works perfectly when collaborating with different departments, particularly when they are off-site. The cross-compatibility can be improved more with the introduction of apps. I cannot fault the Chrome/Slack extensions at all - they are so handy at grabbing important information when you just don't have the time to trawl through a website.
Guru is especially helpful with a small company, where everyone has a particular set of jobs. If one person is out, anyone can search through Guru cards in order to do their job. It has come in extremely useful in the event of members being on vacation, out sick, or cross-training.
- Shows you WHO made the Guru card.
- Easy to access.
- Gives you topics to help organize.
- Wish the site was a bit more organized.
- Each user should have their own "site section" so to speak.
- Easier method of inserting images.
Read Jess Davis's full review
VERY useful for small companies where one person does an entire job/task. May be less useful for larger companies, as it would be difficult to maintain, and there are usually teams to cover the slack. Also good for tech purposes. Our tech people constantly create Guru cards in order to help us learn to do back-end things.
Guru.com Scorecard Summary
Guru.com headquartered in Pittsburgh offers their eponymous freelance management system (FMS).
Categories: Freelance Management
Guru.com Technical Details