Reviews (1-3 of 3)
March 10, 2020
Score 9 out of 10
We use HPE OneView to manage both the HPE Synergy Frames and HPE 3Par storage arrays. OneView is only used by the infrastructure engineers responsible for maintaining these systems. It is used to monitor and administer the HPE infrastructure in our Datacenters.
- Manage HPE firmware upgrades
- Easy server profiling and configuration
- Great monitoring and reporting
- Easy and intuitive to use once the initial setup is done
- Managing the 3Pard Oneview will allow you to do things like reuse LUN IDs and setup multiple export groups with the same volume. This can cause performance issues, or worse. They could do a better job of protecting you from yourself...
- Complicated initial configuration
Read this authenticated review
HPE Oneview has come along way. When they first put it out it was next to useless. Over the years and versions, they listened to feedback and have made OneView into a truly enterprise-level robust management product. It is now a far better product than the old C7000 Blade OAs, and HP SIM. It makes management of hardware easy and makes much of the maintenance easier and safer than before. For the storage side it does a great job and is intuitive to use, but the very versatility of how you can do things can lead to issues if multiple engineers do things differently.
November 06, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
HPE OneView is a management client set up at our HPE Servers for alerts and monitoring. It is configured to produce alerts via email when there is a performance issue at the server.
- It is software-defined automation which helps you replicate the same configuration of HPE on other servers
- Provides possible solutions to the alert which is very helpful while fixing the issue
- A single click and interactive user interface
- Slow sometimes while loading
- Reporting is good but still lacks refining filters
Read Nishant Arora's full review
HPE client works well with on-premise infrastructure. This would suitable for the organizations where most of the hardware is from HPE.
HPE OneView is being utilized by our department to manage all the iLo connections and blade enclosure within our private cloud environment. We are also utilizing the integrated data center platform/buildout to manage our Colo Data Centers.
- Managing the overall Blade profiles and the ability to have access to all equipment from one central repository.
- Adding in the functionality to control multiple devices like the 3PAR san or Nimble san.
Read ken smithson's full review
I have found that HPE OneView is well suited for all of our scenarios in our shared data center platform to control all the compute hardware with firmware, patches and profiles of all compute components.
HPE OneView Scorecard Summary
About HPE OneView
HPE OneView is an IT infrastructure monitoring platform, from Hewlett-Packard Enterprise.
Categories: IT Infrastructure Monitoring
HPE OneView Technical Details