Reviews (1-1 of 1)
August 16, 2018
Score 8 out of 10
ilos is used across our university as the preferred capture and hosting platform for academic video content. Faculty use ilos to create and share original content with students. Students use ilos to create and submit assignments. Staff use it for creating training materials that are shared both internally and externally. Limited marketing content is also hosted in ilos, mainly in service of our fully online degree programs.
- Desktop capture is simple even for first-time users
- Editing capabilities and focused on only the most common features, avoiding overwhelm or confusion
- Sharing inside Canvas is simple and intuitive
- Features are often rolled out before they are fully baked
- Communication of changes can be limited and frustrating
- Not all changes feel like improvements, much less necessary
Read Paul Weber's full review
ilos is great for a larger group looking for an easy to learn capture system and platform all combined together. Because it lets you record, edit, and share there is no reason to learn one or two software for capture and editing, and another for sharing. ilos is not targeted at intermediate or advanced users, so the ability to manipulate your content - specifically when editing, is very limiting to more experienced users.
ilos Scorecard Summary
What is ilos?
ilos is a video editing application from the company of the same name in St. Paul, Minnesota.
Categories: Video Editing
ilos Technical Details