Reviews (1-1 of 1)
February 06, 2018
Score 6 out of 10
This product is implemented at several of my clients and in use as their Antispam system. It works as a cloud filtering system that scans and quarantines email prior to it reaching user mailboxes.
- Filtering system is very strong, more often than not blocks bad email.
- Does fine job filtering and configuring content filtering for extension types such as ZIP or RAR.
- Intermediary between Internet and email system provides extra layer of security including ability to spool email in the event of an email system outage.
- Outbound encryption feature is very useful for security purposes.
- The onsite appliances have end-of-life forcing an upgrade to new unit.
- Many of the appliances have been end-of-life and seems McAfee may not be offering the service in the future.
Read Derek Schroeder's full review
Comparable to a Barracuda email appliance, these units retain email that is quarantined as well as provide cloud layer to support it. It is best suited for a medium size company as the devices are often not as scalable as Barracuda.
McAfee Email Gateway (Discontinued) Scorecard Summary
About McAfee Email Gateway (Discontinued)
McAfee Email Gateway was a secure email gateway featuring encryption and anti-spam / phishing protection that was EOL in late 2015.
Categories: Secure Email Gateway
McAfee Email Gateway (Discontinued) Technical Details