McAfee Network Security Platform is an intrusion detection and prevention system (IDPS).Great Protection that your computer needsIt's used across the organization to provide network security. If I'm ever downloading something at work that is malicious, McAfee will stop the download to prevent any malicious or harmful software from being downloaded on my computer. Furthermore, if I visit a site that may be potentially harmful to my computer, McAfee will block access to the site. When you're in a position that deals with sensitive data and information it's really important to have software that adequately protects you from malicious attacks, sites, and programs.,Download protection Keeps you from harmful sites Encrypts computer data Prevents DDoS attacks,Sometimes can slow internet/computer speed At times can stop software downloads that I don't deem harmful and need to download May also block a website that isn't harmful that I wanted to visit because it has helpful information,7,Protects information Keeps viruses off of programs Integrates seamlessly with other McAfee products on my computer
McAfee Network Security Platform

McAfee Network Security Platform Reviews

McAfee Network Security Platform
Filter 5 vetted McAfee Network Security Platform reviews and ratings
January 30, 2018

McAfee Network Security Platform Review: "Great Protection that your computer needs"

• Download protection
  • Keeps you from harmful sites
  • Encrypts computer data
  • Prevents DDoS attacks
  • Sometimes can slow internet/computer speed
  • At times can stop software downloads that I don't deem harmful and need to download
  • May also block a website that isn't harmful that I wanted to visit because it has helpful information
McAfee Network Security does do what it promises, and it integrates nicely with other McAfee services my work computer has. Sometimes I do feel though that McAfee does hinder your computer/internet performance, but maybe it's a trade-off that's worth it. I do wish they would refine their threat detection so some websites that I don't think are harmful and want to visit for work purposes aren't blocked. There's been times where I google a question and a website has the answer but McAfee will block it. If you're in a position at a financial company like me, where you're dealing with sensitive/private information, it's important to have this type of software to protect data.

McAfee Network Security Platform Scorecard Summary