Mercurial: The right alternative to GitMercurial is used by whole company. It helps very much thanks to its architecture of a distributed source control management tool. We also implemented Mercurial within the whole process of development and at the end connect with team city solution that afterwards deploy the right version for customers. We also use very much a branch idea.,Branch Distributed architecture Stable Platform independent,Integration with visual studio More integrated tools When I install Mercurial I always have to do a hard restart of my computer.,9,Improve time in merging Branching enables us to keep separate version per customer Good tool for programmers is sometimes a reason to stay,Git and Microsoft Visual Studio Team System,Microsoft Office 365, Axure RP, Telerik, Microsoft Power BI, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Project
Mercurial

Mercurial Reviews

Mercurial
Filter 8 vetted Mercurial reviews and ratings

Jakub Wilk profile photo
December 17, 2018

Review: "Mercurial: The right alternative to Git"

• Branch
  • Distributed architecture
  • Stable
  • Platform independent
  • Integration with visual studio
  • More integrated tools
  • When I install Mercurial I always have to do a hard restart of my computer.
If you generally think that to develop software you have to choose one repository, then in my opinion you have to choose between Mercurial and Git, there is not other solution. Mercurial also has a good merge tool which i can recommend. This gives you the flexibility to push just the "part of the feature", and is much better suited in the case where the "part of feature" and some other "part of the feature" both contain changes to the same file.
Read Jakub Wilk's full review