Reviews (1-3 of 3)
March 16, 2020
Score 10 out of 10
It really is an excellent and easy to implement tool and it was easier to use than we thought. It has been very good mainly for asset management solutions for clients. This tool helps us communicate and consolidate, and offers us asset data in real time, and reporting is good and works great.
- Its easy development and customization make it a unique product unlike other desktop management platforms.
- I like its design and customization in the control panel.
- Performance is good and real-time asset data is usually what one needs in this type of tool.
- I think it lacks improvements, especially in technical support. It would be nice to have a live chat with features to send screenshots.
Read Isabella Houghton's full review
It is good for its flexibility during use. I love its intuitive options, we look at the control panel for information on purchases and the price of the bill of materials, and we also use it to drag and display the activity management to assign invoices. It has been a great help in that area.
HP Asset Manger is being used to track licenses on applications. It is mainly used by the software asset management team to assign billings (cost to employee's departments) and track how many licenses we own. When installed, they did not customize any of the fields, thus the title fields (dashboard) are sometimes confusing. Would like to have a search/query writer that was more helpful.
Read Sean McManus, CSAM's full review
Cost and functions in the product and how many modules add ons are required.
December 14, 2017
Score 7 out of 10
HP Asset Manager is used across the organization by the Project Managers & Assistant Project Managers who are managing various projects in the company. Each new project for new development or an update to the a previously used software is assigned a PM (Project Manager) and they might have a few assistant Project managers who would have access to the HP Project Manager to track assets and document the software development lifecycle using the various tools that HP provides.
- One place to track, document and analyze all your Asset Management queries.
- Love the new layout. It gives you quite a few options to customize your dashboard.
- HP has included great help topics with their new updates. With the keyword search, all the information is at your fingertips.
- Need more video tutorials - Although HP has great FAQs and has included the keyword search for topics, but some video tutorials would be great to help a new user.
- Overwhelming at times. I remember when I first started using the software, just the magnitude of tools were too much. However even though I don't use half the tools even now, just the possibility of more functions available to me, makes it a great software.
- Secure Log-in - I would like HP to invest into single sign-on where you don't need to put in your user ID & password constantly. A push notification to a personal device would a great added feature.
Read this authenticated review
Asset Manager is great for people who understand the Software Development Lifecycle and are familiar with the terminology, however for a new assistant, or a new novice user, the software can seem over-whelming with the rather confusing terminology and a multitude of tabs that open up. It's definitely great software to use for a professional PM, however an assistant would be lost in the tools being offered.
Micro Focus Asset Manager Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Micro Focus Asset Manager
Asset Manager (formerly HP Asset Manager) is enterprise-class IT asset management (ITAM) solution acquired by Micro Focus from Hewlett Packard Enterprise, supporting change and configuration management and license management.
Categories: Change and Configuration Management, License Management, Software Asset Management, IT Asset Management
Micro Focus Asset Manager Technical Details