Reviews (1-2 of 2)
December 14, 2017
Score 7 out of 10
HP Asset Manager is used across the organization by the Project Managers & Assistant Project Managers who are managing various projects in the company. Each new project for new development or an update to the a previously used software is assigned a PM (Project Manager) and they might have a few assistant Project managers who would have access to the HP Project Manager to track assets and document the software development lifecycle using the various tools that HP provides.
- One place to track, document and analyze all your Asset Management queries.
- Love the new layout. It gives you quite a few options to customize your dashboard.
- HP has included great help topics with their new updates. With the keyword search, all the information is at your fingertips.
- Need more video tutorials - Although HP has great FAQs and has included the keyword search for topics, but some video tutorials would be great to help a new user.
- Overwhelming at times. I remember when I first started using the software, just the magnitude of tools were too much. However even though I don't use half the tools even now, just the possibility of more functions available to me, makes it a great software.
- Secure Log-in - I would like HP to invest into single sign-on where you don't need to put in your user ID & password constantly. A push notification to a personal device would a great added feature.
Read this authenticated review
Asset Manager is great for people who understand the Software Development Lifecycle and are familiar with the terminology, however for a new assistant, or a new novice user, the software can seem over-whelming with the rather confusing terminology and a multitude of tabs that open up. It's definitely great software to use for a professional PM, however an assistant would be lost in the tools being offered.
November 12, 2015
Score 5 out of 10
HP Asset Manger is being used to track licenses on applications. It is mainly used by the software asset management team to assign billings (cost to employee's departments) and track how many licenses we own. When installed, they did not customize any of the fields, thus the title fields (dashboard) are sometimes confusing. Would like to have a search/query writer that was more helpful.
Read Sean McManus, CSAM's full review
Cost and functions in the product and how many modules add ons are required.
Micro Focus Asset Manager Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Micro Focus Asset Manager
Asset Manager (formerly HP Asset Manager) is enterprise-class IT asset management (ITAM) solution acquired by Micro Focus from Hewlett Packard Enterprise, supporting change and configuration management and license management.
Categories: Change and Configuration Management, License Management, Software Asset Management, IT Asset Management
Micro Focus Asset Manager Technical Details