HP Asset Manager - Enterprise Grade for Proven ROIhttps://www.trustradius.com/it-asset-managementMicro Focus Asset Manager (formerly HP Asset Manager)Unspecified7.761012017-12-14T15:16:28.009Z
December 14, 2017
HP Asset Manager - Enterprise Grade for Proven ROI
Score 7 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with HP Asset Manager
HP Asset Manager is used across the organization by the Project Managers & Assistant Project Managers who are managing various projects in the company. Each new project for new development or an update to the a previously used software is assigned a PM (Project Manager) and they might have a few assistant Project managers who would have access to the HP Project Manager to track assets and document the software development lifecycle using the various tools that HP provides.
- One place to track, document and analyze all your Asset Management queries.
- Love the new layout. It gives you quite a few options to customize your dashboard.
- HP has included great help topics with their new updates. With the keyword search, all the information is at your fingertips.
- Need more video tutorials - Although HP has great FAQs and has included the keyword search for topics, but some video tutorials would be great to help a new user.
- Overwhelming at times. I remember when I first started using the software, just the magnitude of tools were too much. However even though I don't use half the tools even now, just the possibility of more functions available to me, makes it a great software.
- Secure Log-in - I would like HP to invest into single sign-on where you don't need to put in your user ID & password constantly. A push notification to a personal device would a great added feature.
- HP Asset Manager is great for compliance purposes. We know we have all the licenses in place when needed for upgrades or yearly reviews. Saves us times.
- Ability to track & print reports saves PMs time in quartely reviews.
- Great way to prepare for any presentations by the use of analytical tools which saves us money in investing in other software for presentation purposes.
HP Asset Manager is definitely enterprise grade, whereas the other asset Management programs I have are specific to either one industry or a smaller locations that might not need the deep analysis & reporting functionalities & tools that are provided by HP. The cost is indeed higher than other programs like Fox Graphic Tracker (Internal Software) and Samange that I have used in the past, but for a large enterprise with multiple ongoing projects, HP Asset Manager is the way to go !
Asset Manager is great for people who understand the Software Development Lifecycle and are familiar with the terminology, however for a new assistant, or a new novice user, the software can seem over-whelming with the rather confusing terminology and a multitude of tabs that open up. It's definitely great software to use for a professional PM, however an assistant would be lost in the tools being offered.