Reviews (1-1 of 1)
October 30, 2015
Score 8 out of 10
HP Diagnostics is our core JVM and .Net Container monitoring solution. It provides a historical record for capacity planning, JVM tuning and allows us to drill down into hot spots on latency or exceptions. With hundreds of agent installations across a multitude of middleware components and versions it just works.
- Agent level customization - For highly performant applications we can easily exclude instrumentation, yet still receive the benefit of historical tracking on common data points like CPU, Heap and GC cycles.
- Support - In the 5+ years working with the product any HP solution engagements have been quick to provide a needed configuration solution.
- Agent Diversity - Have used the product across 6+ differing middleware technologies comprising dozens of version (both middleware and java) combinations.
- Agent installation - With its ability to support a silent type install, automating was a simple task.
- The product does offer a lot of functionality - This can lead to a cluttered user interface and does take some time to become comfortable and proficient in its use.
- Data Volume - We have had some issues in balancing the desire to keep all data and consuming infrastructure storage.
Read Bob Boldin's full review
I would say on 90% of our agent installs everything works without any modification. If the application however makes a large use of memory based cache and analysis that classes will need to be excluded from instrumentation or it will impact performance.
Micro Focus Diagnostics Scorecard Summary
Feature Scorecard Summary
About Micro Focus Diagnostics
Categories: Application Performance Management (APM)
Micro Focus Diagnostics Technical Details