SystemLink

SystemLink

National Instruments SystemLink

Good But Not Quite There

February 11, 2021

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of SystemLink, and make your voice heard!

What is SystemLink?

National Instruments headquartered in Austin offers SystemLink, a software platform for managing system configurationt tasks, device management, software deployment, to improve system uptime and performance.

What is TestComplete?

TestComplete is a test management and functional, performance testing tool, from SmartBear Software headquartered in Somerville, Massachusetts.

What is BlazeMeter Continuous Testing Platform?

The BlazeMeter Continuous Testing Platform, supported by Broadcom since the acquisition of CA Technologies in 2018, provides scriptless test automation, as well as unified functional and performance testing. It allows users to test and monitor public, private, and 3rd party APIs, and is deployable…

What is SystemLink?

SystemLink Technical Details

Compare with

February 11, 2021

Good But Not Quite There

We have a test lab with 16 different stations and I work remotely to write and support the automated test software for the lab. We have used NI SystemLink to manage software versioning and updating for the test stations across the lab rather than having to go into each station individually and do upgrades. We also use SystemLink to give engineers and operators the ability to remotely view data from the test stations through a browser.
  • Setup
  • User Interface
  • LabVIEW Integration
  • Licensing
  • Not able to see data from all test stations on one UI
  • Lack of data history
There are definitely scenarios where NI SystemLink will be useful but just didn't work out well for us. I needed to be able to replace an EXE file on a computer with a new EXE to do the upgrades but I was not able to do that through SystemLink. You had to work with packages in order to perform this and I didn't want to revamp my distribution plan. We also didn't need to do any asset management or calibration documentation through SystemLink. I was excited about being able to view data from the test stations through a browser but our engineers need historical data available and everything resets to a live view when you click back to the UI.