Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) allow customers to run a single Oracle Database across multiple servers in order to maximize availability and enable horizontal scalability, while accessing shared storage. User sessions connecting to Oracle RAC instances can failover and safely…
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
1Z0-058 - Oracle Exam 1Z0-058 Test Questions PDF
- Tech Details
- Cache synchronization - Application developers connect to any database instance in the cluster without making any changes to the application reducing downtime.
- Smart cluster reconfiguration - Customers reduce the impact of service disruptions by automatically redirecting connections to surviving instances.
- Full stack protection - Oracle RAC provides end-to-end protection of customer databases by safely replaying transactions during outages without impacting end user experience.
- Multi-platform support - Customers can standardize across their Oracle Database environments by using Oracle RAC in Oracle Cloud, on Oracle engineered systems, and on generic hardware.
- Licensing choices - Customers reduce cloud and on-premises costs by using a combination of Oracle RAC subscription-based pricing and licenses.
- Autonomous Database integration - Database administrators save time by utilizing pre-configured Oracle RAC capabilities in Autonomous Database.
- Scale features and functions - Scale all Oracle Database features and functions across multiple instances to address sudden changes in customer workloads, without the need for manual intervention.
- No application changes - Scale applications up to one hundred nodes in a cluster without application changes, improving DBA and developer productivity.
- Faster OLTP - Oracle RAC improves Oracle Database performance for crucial enterprise application workloads, including Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle PeopleSoft, and SAP ERP Central Component (ECC) by scaling workloads across all instances of the cluster.
- More scalable analytics - Oracle RAC allows customers to scale analytics workloads by eliminating the need for replica databases and database level conflict resolution, significantly improving database administrator productivity.
- Reduce unplanned downtime - Oracle RAC enables customer databases to continue to run across component failures, reducing potential data loss and minimizing unplanned downtime created by single-point-of-failure designs.
- Eliminate planned downtime - Customers eliminate planned, maintenance related downtime by using Oracle RAC to implement rolling upgrades and patching on a server-by-server basis.
- Sharding - IT teams use Oracle RAC with Oracle Sharding to provide high availability for each shard in the database.
- Integration - Tight integration with Oracle Active Data Guard and Oracle GoldenGate enables IT teams to maximize Oracle Database availability and protection using proven Oracle Maximum Availability Architecture (MAA) best practices.