It was being used to monitor network devices only. The patching features and reporting features were not in use. The primary need for this …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of PacketTrap (Discontinued), and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
PacketTrap was network monitoring software acquired by Dell but discontinued in 2013.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
It was being used to monitor network devices only. The patching features and reporting features were not in use. The primary need for this tool, was to get config backups for devices that supported it. It did really well with Cisco, Dell and Watchgaurd, but other devices like Palo Alto or Brocade, we could not get the configs to backup.
- Network monitoring was pretty on point. Not a lot of false positives.
- Easy to deploy.
- Easy to use.
- Come back! After Dell purchased this, they ended support for it. In my experience, it was one of the better tools.
- Integration with other systems, but again, it is EOL, so doesn't matter.
- MiB library needs a refresh, but again, EOL.
I would have said 10 if they didn't kill the product. I know Blue Folder took a piece of this, but we never got into it and just changed to Auvik and PRTG.