We use Paradigm's Epos, SKUA-GOCAD and Geolog software in our research group within the Department of Earth Sciences at the University of …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Paradigm, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
2 people want pricing too
Paradigm is an oil and gas oriented exploration and seismic analytics platform, now owned and supported by Emerson since the 2018 acquisition.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
We use Paradigm's Epos, SKUA-GOCAD and Geolog software in our research group within the Department of Earth Sciences at the University of British Columbia. Our group uses Geolog to visualize, calculate petrophysical properties and establish well log correlations of shale gas and shale oil wells within the Western Canadian Basin. We use Epos and SKUA-GOCAD to map geologic horizons and the distribution of reservoir properties within geologic formations.
- Geolog is extremely robust and powerful in handling large volumes of logs per well and a large number of wells, which is an asset for basin-scale projects.
- Geolog is very flexible in terms of customizing log layout presentations and calculating anything via mathematical or logical expressions.
- Epos display of fluid production data is very useful in cross-analyzing maturity and organic content versus hydrocarbons produced.
- Geolog could use a LAS batch loading graphical interface that doesn't require the use of prompt commands.
- Geolog's geologic intervals display has improved in the last versions, but it's still cumbersome to set up and maintain (i.e. adding new intervals, changing stratigraphy).
- SKUA-Paradigm should support geographic coordinates in order to avoid the workaround of creating pseudo-coordinates across UTM zone boundaries.
The Paradigm geologic and petrophysical interpretation software suite offers a complete package for integrated projects where a team starts from offset well data and leads all the way to mapping of horizons, properties and reservoir models. Geolog, the petrophysical module, is very powerful and versatile. Although they offer separate add-ons, for smaller projects where the petrophysical interpretation is done by a third-party, even the minimum package might be overkill.