Proofpoint Essentials for Small Business
As not only do big companies and enterprises face email-based advanced attacks, there is a need to cover them and Proofpoint Essentials …
We use Proofpoint Essentials for Small Business for all of our email and spam filtering as well as spoofing protection. It is used across …
Originally when my company switched from the on-premise mail solution to the cloud, there was an opened question of using integrated …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Proofpoint Essentials, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
2 people want pricing too
Proofpoint Essentials provides protection against spam, phishing and other email threats, as well as social media protection, user roles and restrictions, and other protections oriented around the needs of small business.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
As not only do big companies and enterprises face email-based advanced attacks, there is a need to cover them and Proofpoint Essentials for Small Business does it with the same technology as an Enterprise solution.
- For basic protection, the Solution has an Antivirus, Zero hours Filtering, and Impostor protection.
- Targeted attacks - URL and Attachment Defense.
- Content filtering.
- It will be great to have a TAP Dashboard in Essentials
- Export data to the SIEM
- Customized Policy
Proofpoint Essentials for Small Business is well suited for users up to 500, for Office 365 (Microsoft’s cloud-based email and collaboration platform).
We use Proofpoint Essentials for Small Business for all of our email and spam filtering as well as spoofing protection. It is used across our entire organization in conjunction with Office 365 for email. It helps us filter out spam and protect against [phishing] attacks. We can also [set up] filters that can block certain emails that pose as C-level [executives.]
- Easy to use
- Automated user account creation
- Automated user account deletion
- Lots of options to make it work for your specific environment
- I don't have [a lot] of bad things to say about the software its all positives in my book
With the small business being in the name it is probably best suited for a small business. Our business is about 150 total employees but we are continuing to grow. So far we haven't seen any issues with the increased amount of users. There may be some higher-level licenses that may be suited for larger companies but I don't have any experience with that.
Originally when my company switched from the on-premise mail solution to the cloud, there was an opened question of using integrated security options provided by cloud mail system or bring separate solution that will be more flexible, easy to deploy and manage. After reviewing several "small business" oriented solutions and comparing the functionality, time of deployment and cost, my company decided to choose Proofpoint Essentials for Small Business.
- Proofpoint catches all the junk emails (spam, phishing, etc.).
- Light-weight solution, easy to deploy, configure and manage.
- Fast and easy tracking of inbound and outbound emails.
- Quarantine Digest emails - makes reviewing of junk emails to be very simple process
- Analysis of URLs and attachments makes email system to be more safe.
- Add encryption (secure emails) of outbound email to Business license.
- Real-time user creations. Now it applies changes only in the beginning of the next hour.
- More appearance customization for portal.
- Sometimes it is blocking the same domain or sender again and again even if it was release and approved.
I would definitely recommend it for fast and easy deployment with no need of constant managing solution. It is a solid solution that will do all what you need for the email security. Especially when you have a small IT team or even do not have enough experienced specialists to handle email security questions - Proofpoint is what I would recommend to use. I gave it 9 of 10 points only because of the price, you can find find more cheap solutions on the market.