Reason

Reason

Propellerhead Reason

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Reason, and make your voice heard!

What is Reason?

Propellerhead Software headquartered in Stockholm offers Reason, the company's flagship digital audio workstation and audio editing application.

What is Logic Pro X?

Apple offers Logic Pro X, an audio editing application.

What is Cubase?

Steinberg Media Technologies headquartered in Hamburg offers Cubase, a digital audio workstation and audio editing application.

What is Reason?

Reason Technical Details

Genyerbet Jose Villegas Belmonte | TrustRadius Reviewer
What we like about this software is that it helps us with every part of the life cycle of the company's products, quality control, and specifications, so that the end result is a quality product. Its integration with Salesforce makes it much more useful because we have been working with this software forever and with the data we have there, we can use it without problems in Propel.
  • It has important tools for optimal quality control, based on company policies and iso standards, which ensure that all products have the quality seal of our brand, giving the customer a first-class article.
  • Its complaint management allows us to collect all complaints, failures, errors, and setbacks that the product may present during the manufacturing process, in order to detect and correct them in time.
  • We can also track product costs, to monitor that all are within the established calculations and budgets so that there are no losses.
  • The software is very complete, but it can become saturated with the many tools it has. If you have experience with Salesforce, it will be much easier for you to learn the program.
  • I would find it very useful if the system allowed to integrate other software, apart from Salesforce, so that we could have all the information from the same platform.
  • If the platform would allow local hosting or offline access to its control panel, it would make our work much easier, because sometimes the connection fails, and entering the system is impossible.
Thanks to this software we have been able to achieve that all the management of quality control and product life cycle, is carried in a more organized way, in a simple to use system, which does not have such a high learning curve and that everyone in the department knows how to handle it. One of the best software in its category.
Rob Gokee | TrustRadius Reviewer
Reason was the first product I used when I started scoring films and television over 13 years ago, and it's still the excellent product I started with. As a guitar player, I love the rack style setup and graphics. It's easy to jump right in, and it works well both as a standalone and as a VST inside another DAW.
  • Huge variety of sounds
  • Easy to jump in
  • Works on it's own, so you don't need another DAW
  • While I get that it's not it's forté, I wish the orchestral sounds were a bit better
  • Wish new versions were released faster
  • Shortcuts could be a bit easier to figure out
When I started out in 2005, I used Reason inside Pro Tools as my sole sampler - I used to write everything from synth to full orchestral scores with ease. As someone with no prior knowledge of DAWs (Digital Audio Workstation), it was very easy to jump into Reason and record music, and it really helped me a someone starting out in the industry feel like I know what I was doing:)
I've had to reach out to them very few times over the years, but Propellerhead is prompt and professional when they provide support. The manual and videos for using the product are top notch, and that goes a long way in helping you learn how to use it to its full capacity.