Reason Reviews

Rob Gokee | TrustRadius Reviewer
October 16, 2019

There's No Reason Not to Go With Propellerhead

Reason was the first product I used when I started scoring films and television over 13 years ago, and it's still the excellent product I started with. As a guitar player, I love the rack style setup and graphics. It's easy to jump right in, and it works well both as a standalone and as a VST inside another DAW.
  • Huge variety of sounds
  • Easy to jump in
  • Works on it's own, so you don't need another DAW
  • While I get that it's not it's forté, I wish the orchestral sounds were a bit better
  • Wish new versions were released faster
  • Shortcuts could be a bit easier to figure out
When I started out in 2005, I used Reason inside Pro Tools as my sole sampler - I used to write everything from synth to full orchestral scores with ease. As someone with no prior knowledge of DAWs (Digital Audio Workstation), it was very easy to jump into Reason and record music, and it really helped me a someone starting out in the industry feel like I know what I was doing:)
I've had to reach out to them very few times over the years, but Propellerhead is prompt and professional when they provide support. The manual and videos for using the product are top notch, and that goes a long way in helping you learn how to use it to its full capacity.
Read Rob Gokee's full review

About Reason

Propellerhead Software headquartered in Stockholm offers Reason, the company's flagship digital audio workstation and audio editing application.