What is Samsung SSD?

Samsung offers solid state drives.

They are the best!

February 23, 2022

Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Samsung SSD, and make your voice heard!

What is Samsung SSD?

Samsung offers solid state drives.

Samsung SSD Technical Details

Juan Moreno | TrustRadius Reviewer
I have been using Samsung SSD disks in our notebooks for the storage of our information.
  • It's one of the fastest SSD solution in the market.
  • It offers a good quality-price balance.
  • It has a low error rate.
  • It has a long lifespan.
  • Additional capacity options
In my opinion, Samsung SDD solutions are great for storing information in high workload scenarios, their offers fast I/O and low error rate. But maybe if you are looking for something very basic and your workload doesn't require fast read/write operations you can choose other less expensive solutions available in the market.
February 23, 2022

They are the best!

The Samsung SSDs consistently perform at the top of the speed spectrum throughout all types of storage scenarios. We use them to make our end-user experiences quick and snappy.
  • Speed. Whether it's tiny files while running an OS or larger bulk files, Samsung SSDs consistently perform at the top.
  • Reliability. In the 10 years I've been using/deploying Samsung SSDs, I've yet to have one die.
  • Cost. They have models across the price spectrum, and their lower-priced models consistently perform at the level of higher-priced brands.
  • The QVO models of their drives suffer performance loss. Now, that is just inherent to the use of QLC NAND, but they could offset this by adding more fast cache to those drives.
  • I would love to see Samsung bring enterprise-style hot-swappable 2.5" PCIe drives to a more mainstream market. One of my biggest reasons for not going with NVMe drives in my latest production storage server was the cost-prohibitive nature of enterprise-grade hot-swappable NVMe drives.
  • I have been sitting here for 15 minutes trying to think of a 3rd improvement I'd like to see Samsung make to their SSDs. I cannot think of anything realistic to add. It was hard enough to come up with the first two. They are just really good all-around.
They are well suited in any area of computing storage needs that require speed, reliability, ease of management (with their Magician software), and good pricing is desired (i.e. day-to-day end-user desktop computer usage to HA, always-on SAN storage). Your end-users particularly will thank you for a Samsung SSD upgrade, especially if their machine is running off a hard drive, currently.
Primary boot drive for end-user, server, and network appliance devices usage through various interfaces including SATA, M.2 and NVMe Speeding up various workloads, from system startup/shutdown to video editing environments where noise needs to be minimized.
  • Reliability - have not seen a failure (yet)
  • Performance, especially NVMe, excellent for heavy tasks like video editing
  • Space-savings - M.2 drives perfect for small-form-factor network appliances or mini PCs
  • More expensive than the competition
Samsung SSDs are perfect for use cases where reliability & performance are paramount. The only downside is that they are slightly pricey, usually even more expensive than other SSD brands, and the smaller format drives (M.2 specifically) are limited in capacity compared to SATA drives, though that's to be expected sometimes.
February 18, 2022

Solid choice for Flash

We regularly use and deploy Samsung enterprise and consumer SSD internally and for our customers. They are rock solid, fast, and durable as advertised. We have full confidence in Samsung SSD's for mission critical datacenter applications and use them in almost all our projects. We have used both NVME and conventional SSD's from Samsung and have been very pleased.
  • Reliable
  • Fast
  • Durable
  • As Advertised
  • lower cost :)
If you need reliable, robust fast flash storage Samsung has you covered. It's well suited to any business of all sizes as they have a product for each market segment and requirement. We have used their low end and cutting edge NVME and their marketing material is consistent with product performance.
Justin Graves | TrustRadius Reviewer
We use Samsung SSD's to breathe new life into older machine. A simple SSD upgrade radically improves performance and functionality of older hardware. They are easy to install and easy to configure.

We're able to extend the life of special use machines past their normal lifecycle to save money and get the most out of equipment.
  • Fast
  • Easy to install
  • Stretch hardware
  • Cost
  • Update tools
  • Mounting brackets
Very well suited for end user computers. They can replace existing spindle drives or smaller drives. They are easy to install and well suited for daily driver computer or special user computers.

I find these SSD's slightly less appropriate for server use. Normally I find these SSD's better suited for end user computer applications.
Dinesh Selvachandra | TrustRadius Reviewer
Samsung SSD is used as a database drive which significantly improved our application performance.
  • Faster write speeds compared to other SSDs on the market
  • Low failure rate in our online research on SSDs
  • Price to performance was better.
  • Can be a bit expensive, on the high end.
Good quality and low failure rates. They have excellent performance and Samsung continues to improve.
In our case, it's well suited for a heavy database with 20-year-old transaction data which may need to be retrieved with minimum wait times.
Contacting support was not necessary so far.
November 02, 2016

Samsung SSD Review

Charles Dougherty | TrustRadius Reviewer
My organization has recently moved from laptops with standard SATA hard drives to newer laptops with Samsung SSD drives, primarily for data access response times and storage consolidation. Samsung's SSDs are quick, stable and cost effective and have become a consistent staple in our organization for more reasons than originally imagined.
  • Incredibly fast response times. Accessing files and opening large programs like Photoshop have never been faster.
  • Samsung Magician software can be combined with your computers available RAM to increase the SSD performance.
  • It's reliable. Most standard hard drives are prone to failure, partitioning problems, and increased lag times. Samsung SSD is not.
  • The Samsung SSDs are incredibly fast, but come at a high cost. You get what you pay for.
  • As reliable as they are, I'd like to see Samsung increase the warranty for the SSD.
The Samsung SSD is well suited for organizations/individuals who require programs that require larger amounts of RAM to respond quickly. I personally use my Samsung SSD to run the Adobe Suite, MS Office and even music programs such as FL Studio and its various plug ins. All in all, I'd recommend the Samsung SSD to anyone, but to those organizations/individuals who rely on speedy access to larger programs/files, this is the way to go.