SplashID is used by the owner and manager to securely maintain app passwords, it is not used organization wide. The password vault is …
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of SplashID, and make your voice heard!
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Would you like us to let the vendor know that you want pricing?
Salexo Software (alternately known as SplashData) in Los Gatos offers SplashID, their flagship password manager emphasizing flexible synchronization rules and record keeping with automated backup.
Companies can't remove reviews or game the system. Here's why
SplashID is used by the owner and manager to securely maintain app passwords, it is not used organization wide. The password vault is stored locally on our server, so there is no risk of a hack on SpashID compromising our valuable passwords. It is also used to generate new passwords, so we don't use the same passwords for every app.
- Generates new passwords
- Stores passwords offline
- Maintains usernames and notes for specific applications in one place
- Tabbing through password creation is not intuitive
- The app is slow at unlocking to reveal passwords
- There are a limited number of fields you can use for each password making it difficult if you have lots of information to store about one app
- It is not easy to categorize passwords and stay orginized
SplashID is really only well suited if you are looking to store passwords offline on your own server. There is no risk of them being leakedin a large scale breach of SplashID, but then it is only up to your security. Since it is not stored online, there is also not a way to restore the master password, so don't forget it!