Tintri in Mountain View, California offers flash array storage.https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/iB/As/A15H1QUR4ITZ.jpegTintri VMstore T540 and T650 ReviewWe currently run our virtual servers and VDI platform on Tintri appliances. These services are used by students, faculty, staff, and occasionally people outside the organization. It provides a stable, fast storage platform for hosting our virtual infrastructure.,Extremely simple design and intuitive user interface. This allows me to get the information I need and perform the tasks I need with very few clicks. Incredibly fast; IOPS constraints are no longer even a consideration, let alone an issue. Excellent support; these appliances almost never have issues, but if something does arise, technical support is fast and knowledgeable. I talk directly with someone who can help me, not go through the escalation chain.,Not necessarily a negative, but if you go with Tintri, you will be buying other hardware as well. There are hyper-converged products that are all-in-one. Like I said, not a negative, more of an observation.,9,Allowed us to drive down the amount of time required to manage our storage platform from hours per week to minutes per month. Removed the complexity of having to manage multiple LUNs or datastores, allowing us to focus our time and efforts on more value-add things. Removed the need to troubleshoot performance issues; the platform is never the bottleneck.,,Nasuni Cloud Storage, Exagrid EX SeriesTintri and Virtual ServersTintri is being used in our virtual server environments providing storage to the VMWare and Hyper-V clusters. Prior to implementing Tintri all Microsoft SQL and Oracle virtual server deployments required thick provisioning due to performance issues. With Tintri storage attached to our virtual server infrastructure, the use of thick provisioned drives for virtual machines is a thing of the past.,Thin provisioned drives for SQL and Oracle databases allow maximizing virtual environment storage Excellent performance in the virtual environment Works well with System Center Virtual Machine Manager and Hyper-V,Some of the documentation for System Center Virtual Machine Manager and Hyper V setup was unclear,10,Drastically decrease virtual server install time Allowing thin provision drives without performance issues,,Microsoft System Center, Hyper-V, VMware ESXi
Tintri

Tintri Reviews

Tintri
Filter 4 vetted Tintri reviews and ratings
Shawn Umansky profile photo
July 24, 2017

"Tintri VMstore T540 and T650 Review"

• Extremely simple design and intuitive user interface. This allows me to get the information I need and perform the tasks I need with very few clicks.
  • Incredibly fast; IOPS constraints are no longer even a consideration, let alone an issue.
  • Excellent support; these appliances almost never have issues, but if something does arise, technical support is fast and knowledgeable. I talk directly with someone who can help me, not go through the escalation chain.
  • Not necessarily a negative, but if you go with Tintri, you will be buying other hardware as well. There are hyper-converged products that are all-in-one. Like I said, not a negative, more of an observation.
When you need a simple storage platform that is built from the ground up for performance. If IOPS is important to you, this is a great product for you.
Read Shawn Umansky's full review
Frank Curatolo profile photo
November 11, 2016

User Review: "Tintri and Virtual Servers"

• Thin provisioned drives for SQL and Oracle databases allow maximizing virtual environment storage
  • Excellent performance in the virtual environment
  • Works well with System Center Virtual Machine Manager and Hyper-V
  • Some of the documentation for System Center Virtual Machine Manager and Hyper V setup was unclear
I do not see any reason why anyone would not use Tintri as backend storage for anything. Tintri is flash storage so it's a bit more expensive than your regular backend storage but the speed is amazingly fast. Building virtual machines on Tintri storage cuts down server deployment time by 75%.
Read Frank Curatolo's full review

Tintri Scorecard Summary

About Tintri

Tintri in Mountain View, California offers flash array storage.

Tintri Technical Details