Reviews (1-1 of 1)
Score 8 out of 10
AppZero has been used to assist with migrations of applications from Windows 2003 to Windows 2008 and newer. The application has been used for specific migrations on an as needed bases, mostly in cases where was no support available from the vendors or home grown applications.
- When documentation regarding the implementation of an application is missing (e.g. old versions and support is prohibitive to obtain, or in case of homegrown applications) it becomes the tool available to perform the migration.
- There is always a back-out option, and different approaches/attempts can be made.
- Will provide you insight on what otherwise would be a "blackbox" application.
- Allows you to consolidated multi-tiered applications into fewer/single tiers.
- I'd like to see a more streamlined migration of applications relying on SQL.
- I'd like to see better documentation, or perhaps labs/examples available.
Read this authenticated review
Best suited for applications where installing from scratch is not an option or a very difficult one. Migrating applications that you are familiar with, you have support for or have done in the past, via AppZero, in my experience, may become more time/resource consuming. In my environment it makes little sense for example to migrate an Office Suite via AppZero. Good at collapsing tiers (e.g. old application whose demand has waned and it no longer needs to serve large number of users). The score is awarded is a bit misleading, AppZero is invaluable when you have no other choice but for mainstream applications its value drops.
VirtaMove (formerly AppZero) Scorecard Summary
About VirtaMove (formerly AppZero)
VirtaMove (formerly AppZero), offers the eponymous VirtaMove Migration Intelligence Suite allowing the user to move legacy apps to modern, secure servers.
VirtaMove (formerly AppZero) Technical Details