Reviews (1-1 of 1)
Watchitoo StreamingPro was being used by the organization as a virtual collaboration environment to host regularly scheduled webchats that link together multiple, often international, locations with varying bandwidths and technical capabilities. The platform was being used under an enterprise license that was shared among headquarters and field offices. The business problems it addressed include "doing more with less" in terms of limiting budget to virtual platforms enabling speakers to join from home. This was also valuable for logistics as programs would be delayed due to arrival of speaker to studio. This allows for less chance of delay.
- Simplicity of interface and basic features to get non-technical speakers to enable camera/adjust microphone and preview their feed.
- Complexity of potential programming and special settings that can yield a rather high production quality using external camera, studio switchboards, and any other fancy bells and whistles you want to integrate from other media/communication equipment.
- Customer service was always on point with their responses to technical questions and exhibited great diligence when assisting live programs. They were good about being open about other customer experiences and troubleshooting methods learned from others using the platform.
- The lower bandwidth environments often had trouble participating in Watchitoo StreamingPro so a custom "low bandwidh" theme was created. I feel like Watchitoo could offer more to more people if they catered to those with lower internet speeds and slower computers, or shoddy mobile service.
- The external media search functionality is great and can add a lot to a program, but it could be more user-friendly and a bit more configurable. I like to narrow my searches for specific content, colors, file types, shapes, sizes, formats, etc. Watchitoo peaked into the Internet, but I often had to search, find, download, save, upload instead of pulling directly into the program. NOTE: I am typically more particular in my media searches than others.
- Lastly, I'd say combining a ZUI (zoom user interface) would be a potentially interesting feature to add to Watchitoo. The idea in my mind is a multi-point feed show where folks are in relation to one another in the world. Somewhat how Google Earth toggles between points, but also like how Prezi presentation can have content spread out over a larger map area.
Read Stefano M. Rivolta's full review
I think Watchitoo is a product that is great for many different use-cases for internal programming, one-on-one teaching, e-learning, live web chats, town halls, etc. The company is also very innovative in that updates are constantly being made to the platform and I've seen feedback immediately reflected in a new feature or button.
Watchitoo StreamingPro Scorecard Summary
About Watchitoo StreamingPro
Watchitoo combines video conferencing, collaboration and online video into a single platform. The platform includes interactivity features like polling, video chat, text chat, and chat collaboration with social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook. The platform is browser-based and does not require any additional plug-ins to work.
Categories: Web and Video Conferencing