https://dudodiprj2sv7.cloudfront.net/product-logos/wA/Rq/ECXT8FU6D6AD.PNGEasiest to Use and Robust for Creating Brochure-ware Sites with a Few QuirksI use Weebly for my business website. It's one of the easiest to use drag and drop website builders, while still having extensive features. I also use it to create and build many of my clients' websites which I can then pass to them to manage, because of its ease of use. Front end features include adding sections, which is a more recent design development on many sites. Images can also be set to parallax, where sections scroll over an image. Weebly also makes it fairly straightforward to do some of the more backend functions of a website, such as onsite SEO (search engine optimization), connecting to an external domain name, adding a fav icon, setting 301 redirects, etc.,Drag and drop interface makes it very easy to add all types of content, including images, text, video (and YouTube videos), embeddable applications and more. It's very easy to set up navigation features like cascading menus and sticky navigation (where the menu stays put - may depend on the template chosen though). A technical backend is fairly straight-forward for setting up a fav icon, 301 redirects, SEO, Google Analytics, etc.,I wouldn't recommend using Weebly for extensive e-commerce functionality. There are better tools out there. If you're seriously considering creating a blog as the core of your business, Wordpress does a much better job. Templates and overall design of the templates are somewhat limited. If you're looking for more design-appeal, Squarespace is a better option, although you sacrifice some of the ease-of-use (not much though once you get used to it). The Designer Platform for agencies haven't you in years, and there's no information from Weebly about when it will be upgraded.,8,Helps me to continue to create a good looking and professional website presence. I don't need outside coders to do some pretty sophisticated stuff, so it saves time and money. I use it to build many of my clients' websites.,Wix, Squarespace, WordPress and Shopify,Insightly, Squarespace, Buffer, TimeTrade, Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins, Airtable,Content Author / Administrator,10-100 pagesStupid Simple Website BuilderWeebly is a web design tool that assists in building a custom website without having to have mass amounts of experience in HTML/CSS, Java, or other languages. This is a great tool to use for those that wear multiple hats and need something basic that caters towards their specific needs. Since my client is a small business owner, she's the only one who uses it from a backend standpoint.,Easy to customize Great visuals and tools to make your website feel alive Great atmosphere and support,I'd like to see smoother flows when using animations for scrolling up/down the page, but I know that will come in time.,9,It's a website builder. It builds my website for myself and my clients. So it solves that problem. It makes my life easier not having to code anything by hand. Simple tools where my client can update their website on their own if I'm not available.,WordPress and Wix,Developer,10-100 pagesGood for First-TimersWeebly makes it easy for my team to manage all of our websites in-house instead of having to contact any other agency or vendor to make changes. It's also nice to have all of our sites in one place, so we can easily make updates multiple quickly without a whole lot of thought.,Easy to update website designs. Multiple plugins and apps you can use to upgrade your site It's nice to be able to have authorization to multiple sites through one login,Plugins leave a lot to be desired. Not a ton of custom options and many require additional subscriptions. SEO options are also pretty elementary - if SEO if a focus for you, avoid Weebly Overall templates are pretty boring compared to something you could create on WordPress,8,Helps our team be more efficient when updating sites Consistency - helps our team that all of the sites are designed similarly for functionality The attractiveness of sites - our sites are definitely not as attractive since they're designed in-house,WordPress, Wix, Squarespace, GoDaddy and Canva,Google Drive, Adobe Illustrator CC, Google Analytics,Developer,10-100 pagesBeen Great - Easy for Novice & Helpful for Niche MarketMy company is small (2) and we both share in the use of Weebly. The reason we first chose this product and have continued to use for the past 4 years is that Weebly is so easy for a novice to use. Everything is drag and drop and, in having a choice of things to choose from the visual drag and drop menu it also give us ideas of how to create and edit our site.,Easy for anyone, no computer expertise necessary. Even inserting code to make things specific has been really easy. Immediate support. When I have added to or re-designed the site, I need frequent support and I receive it usually within 24 hours (if it is by email) or instantly if by phone. Options to add an online store.,I do not recommend their marketing feature yet. Marketing feature does not have a way to sync opt-ins to MailChimp and every email has to be put in by hand. At one point my mass emails were limited to 500 people. I ended up never using this feature since I have more than this but found this limiting.,10,So here is the reality - while the design portions of Weebly are excellent, I feel like I was sold a car without gas. You absolutely must use some type of SEO service with this site and learn how to integrate it with Weebly. Not happy with the ROI due to not having initially implemented healthy SEO strategies. While Weebly is excellent for beginners and niche/creative offerings, it lacked emphasizing how important SEO is and I wish this education was better emphasized to me as a new customer 4 years ago. I eventually used an SEO service along with Weebly to fill in this void but lost a couple of years before I discovered the best one for my project.,Wix,MarketGoo, Google Ad Manager, KWFinder, Canva, Tailwind,Content Author / Administrator,10-100 pagesMy web designing toolYou don't need to have much knowledge about programming as Weebly provides you automated templates. You can just select, drag and drop and design your website as per your choice. In this way it helps me to design a website for my company and its customers.,Weebly provides its customer best speed and security which reduces the risk of hacking. If you add a subdomain within your website then Weebly is free forever. You don't need to have much programming knowledge. It provides you templates you just need to drag and drop them as per your choice.,Every system has sort, filter, and edit features. It has a pages section that shows all the pages on its site, and it allows you to drag and drop the hierarchy and click to edit each. But it not efficient. The main disadvantage of Weebly is that if you move to different platform it becomes difficult for you to migrate your content and redirecting your URLs You can do HTML editing, so most marketing tools can be added to it. But since you don't have overall control to the site and server it can be difficult or impossible for you to add.,8,As it provides templates, it saves your time and programming knowledge needed is less. It provides you best security support and protects you from hackers. As compared to other sites the cost per month or year is less.,Zoom Video Webinar, Skype for Business, JIRA Software,Developer,More than 10,000 pages
Weebly

Weebly Reviews

Weebly
Top Rated Award
Filter 80 vetted Weebly reviews and ratings
Robbin Block profile photo
August 24, 2018

Weebly Review: "Easiest to Use and Robust for Creating Brochure-ware Sites with a Few Quirks"

• Drag and drop interface makes it very easy to add all types of content, including images, text, video (and YouTube videos), embeddable applications and more.
  • It's very easy to set up navigation features like cascading menus and sticky navigation (where the menu stays put - may depend on the template chosen though).
  • A technical backend is fairly straight-forward for setting up a fav icon, 301 redirects, SEO, Google Analytics, etc.
  • I wouldn't recommend using Weebly for extensive e-commerce functionality. There are better tools out there.
  • If you're seriously considering creating a blog as the core of your business, WordPress does a much better job.
  • Templates and overall design of the templates are somewhat limited. If you're looking for more design-appeal, Squarespace is a better option, although you sacrifice some of the ease-of-use (not much though once you get used to it).
  • The Designer Platform for agencies haven't you in years, and there's no information from Weebly about when it will be upgraded.
Weebly is a great platform if you need a brochure-ware website. It's got some great features and you can't beat how easy it is to use. On the downside, the blog and e-commerce functionality is limited. Although there are several fairly easy to use platforms out there, I use it for many of my clients that are just starting out or need one they can eventually manage and update themselves as their businesses evolve -- which is especially true in the beginning or at the startup of a business. However, it can also scale, since you can create almost any number of pages and add content like audio and video. Additional functionality may be added through embeds.
Read Robbin Block's full review
Eric Weiss profile photo
November 01, 2018

Weebly Review: "Stupid Simple Website Builder"

• Easy to customize
  • Great visuals and tools to make your website feel alive
  • Great atmosphere and support
  • I'd like to see smoother flows when using animations for scrolling up/down the page, but I know that will come in time.
If you're a small business owner and you want a simple website that tells your company's story, this is a great tool to get out the basic meat and potatoes about what you are. It doesn't do anything extraordinary, which is a good thing. Give me the tools I need to build a simple functioning website without a lot of knowledge of HTML/CSS or other languages. I think Weebly answers the question here.
Read Eric Weiss's full review
Emily Hammell profile photo
June 22, 2018

Weebly Review: "Good for First-Timers"

• Easy to update website designs.
  • Multiple plugins and apps you can use to upgrade your site
  • It's nice to be able to have authorization to multiple sites through one login
  • Plugins leave a lot to be desired. Not a ton of custom options and many require additional subscriptions.
  • SEO options are also pretty elementary - if SEO if a focus for you, avoid Weebly
  • Overall templates are pretty boring compared to something you could create on WordPress
For a basic website that isn't too concerned with bells or whistles or being found/SEO, and doesn't have much of a budget, Weebly should be an option. There are customizations that can help the sites appear a little more advanced/appealing, but it takes some time, creativity, and knowledge. Easy to set up and manage!
Read Emily Hammell's full review
heather figi profile photo
September 27, 2018

Weebly Review: "Been Great - Easy for Novice & Helpful for Niche Market"

• Easy for anyone, no computer expertise necessary. Even inserting code to make things specific has been really easy.
  • Immediate support. When I have added to or re-designed the site, I need frequent support and I receive it usually within 24 hours (if it is by email) or instantly if by phone.
  • Options to add an online store.
  • I do not recommend their marketing feature yet.
  • Marketing feature does not have a way to sync opt-ins to MailChimp and every email has to be put in by hand.
  • At one point my mass emails were limited to 500 people. I ended up never using this feature since I have more than this but found this limiting.
Best for small, niche, online businesses. Great for creative products, start-ups anything just getting going. I sell beginning - intermediate level violin sheet music and teaching resources and everything is a digital download (or eBook is another way of saying this). Honestly, Weebly has been perfect for me in terms of getting started and offering a fairly specific product to musicians from all over the world.
Read heather figi's full review
Pankaj Jain profile photo
September 07, 2018

Weebly Review: "My web designing tool"

• Weebly provides its customer best speed and security which reduces the risk of hacking.
  • If you add a subdomain within your website then Weebly is free forever.
  • You don't need to have much programming knowledge. It provides you templates you just need to drag and drop them as per your choice.
  • Every system has sort, filter, and edit features. It has a pages section that shows all the pages on its site, and it allows you to drag and drop the hierarchy and click to edit each. But it not efficient.
  • The main disadvantage of Weebly is that if you move to different platform it becomes difficult for you to migrate your content and redirecting your URLs
  • You can do HTML editing, so most marketing tools can be added to it. But since you don't have overall control to the site and server it can be difficult or impossible for you to add.
As I mentioned before, Weebly allows for HTML editing, so most marketing tools and features can be added to your site. So as you don't have 100% access to the site and server, it can be difficult or impossible.
Read Pankaj Jain's full review
Sahil Verma profile photo
September 10, 2018

Weebly Review: "Best blog and website creator"

Actually I use weebly basically for blogging, and I think it's the finest software to do that. Because its user interface is so simple and there are tons of themes through which we can create, our blog looks beautiful.
  • First of all it’s easy to create and run a blog on Weebly
  • It helps in creating websites. I think anyone can create a website by using it
  • Its user interface is so simple that anyone can learn and create things easily with Weebly
  • To be honest I haven’t come across anything bad in this software yet.
It's best for creating websites, and you can get a URL of your choice.
Read Sahil Verma's full review
Jennifer Lamas profile photo
July 17, 2018

Weebly Review: "Your website easy to create."

This application was used specifically in a department of the company that since it was possible to create a web page for the offices of several states at a national level, to be used by those offices that did not have a page, it was very easy to create since you do not need to have knowledge in computer science, especially programming.
  • It is not necessary to have programming knowledge.
  • It is very easy to use because it has great editors and you can make eye-catching designs.
  • It is perfect for inventory management and order tracking.
  • You can place the type of currency you want to be used to buy on the page.
  • It does not stop loading new seedlings.
  • the information may be a little messy.
  • Telephone support is in English.
Weebly adapts very well to all the companies that require a website to make an online store, helps the company to grow at a professional level, which means that profits increase, you can view it from any device, it helps attract more customers.
Read Jennifer Lamas's full review
Brittney Vigna MPH, CHES, CPH profile photo
June 13, 2018

Review: "Weebly is great for intro web design users"

Weebly is used for a non-profit to sell t-shirts to consumers. We didn't have a lot of experience using online e-commerce platforms, so Weebly made it really easy to be able to make selling items possible, specifically for our needs. It wasn't used by everyone in our organization, but definitely by all need-to-access parties.
  • Ability to create a website/online store cohesively
  • Usability and functionality for users who have low experience with websites/online stores
  • It is really easy to get everything set up quickly.
  • It was difficult to get the store to look like we knew what we were doing. So maybe more help with templates?
I think it's appropriate for smaller businesses or non-profits. If you are looking to sell a certain number of items or you're looking for a place to start, I think Weebly is great for that. I don't think Weebly would be the best for large-scale brands or individuals who are trying to sell a LOT of stuff, because that would be difficult to manage on there.
Read Brittney Vigna MPH, CHES, CPH's full review
July 31, 2018

Weebly Review: "Convenient website builder for small businesses"

At our company we use Weebly as our primary tool for building, editing and hosting our company website. Weebly is an effective platform for companies that don't have a huge budget to hire developers to build their website. Weebly allows us to easily edit and control our website's content and design, quickly.
  • Weebly is easy to use. It's not hard to create web pages/blog posts and edit them with a convenient drag and drop builder.
  • Weebly templates are responsive and mobile friendly, so you don't have to worry about your site's appearance on a phone or tablet.
  • Weebly has e-commerce capabilities and is great for small companies just starting out in e-commerce.
  • Weebly doesn't have a lot of templates to choose from, so if you don't have any experience with CSS or HTML, it's hard to customize your site to an extent.
  • Weebly isn't fully SEO friendly. They don't allow you to add H1 tags to pages out of the box.
  • You can't create folder structures when it comes to web page URLs. You can put web pages under a main menu dropdown, but they don't allow you to put all sub-menu items in a structured folder (like site.com/folder/page-1 and site.com/folder/page-2).
Weebly is well-suited for small e-commerce companies that have limited budget and expertise for creating a website. If you need to come up with a website fast and aren't worried about heavy customizations, Weebly will be a good tool in the short-term. It won't take long for you to outgrow Weebly though.
June 22, 2018

User Review: "Weebly is perfect for artists"

Weebly is a platform to set up your portfolio as an artist or business. You can upload photos and videos to Weebly and organize pages accordingly to give your viewers a space where they can observe your work. I use it to apply to art positions that ask to see examples of previous work.
  • Image hosting. This is important for portfolios.
  • Web designs. You can choose from a multitude of backgrounds and fonts.
  • Organization of pages. There’s buttons on the left hand side which you can click on to quickly jump to your page.
  • UI variability. Would like to see more variation.
  • More options for code.
It is perfect for portfolio building and shop pages. It is not so great for things such as hosting your game or more high intensive things. If you are a freelance artist or designer, this is especially an excellent website platform to use; I use it to display my works for potential employers.
Albina Walczak profile photo
May 30, 2018

Weebly Review: "Very practical to use"

Weebly has been used for over 1 year by our organization as a main website builder tool. All functions and tools are working properly, and we did not experience any mistake or errors on any of the features they provided. The best thing is drag and drop. It really changes the whole thing with simplicity and efficiency. And our customers have pretty nice thoughts about our website!
  • They have a trial version
  • Predesigned templates
  • They provide the perfect chance to create blogs and professional websites
  • Being an online application is awesome
  • Limitations on customization of templates
  • Original domains are expensive
  • More predesigned and specific templates would be great
First, I think Weebly is currently the best and easiest software to create and edit any website. Dashboard and overall design is wonderful and easy to navigate anything you want to do. You can add and work on font types, images, videos and other graphic sources, except personalize the templates. They have a lack of customization on this side.
Read Albina Walczak's full review
Heather Pellegrini profile photo
December 14, 2017

Review: "Weebly creates fast & easy no hassle websites"

We decided to create a website for our youth programs that was separate from our main website, Weebly fit what we needed exactly! We are able to have multiple users with different levels of web design knowledge access and update the site from anywhere. We can even restrict which pages each editor can access.
  • Extremely large selection of well-designed templates make getting started creating a website easy.
  • Allowing multiple editors with different permissions to access from anywhere.
  • Allowing customization of templates i.e.: adding company colors and rearranging headers by page.
  • I would like to be able to preview changes on the web and mobile before publishing them. The widget in the editor is nice, but not always as realistic as I would like. I like to view it in different browsers before publishing.
  • I would like to see better information for novices on SEO.
  • When embedding a document I find Scribd to take away from the design of the page and users have difficulty navigating and downloading. I usually also end up placing the file in a downloadable format above the embedded file from Scribd.
Weebly is easy to navigate and create for even a first-time web designer! They provide all the options in a drag and drop format to easily create an an amazing array of themes that will fit anyone's needs! The analytics provided with a pro subscription are very helpful in seeing where the traffic on the site came from, what pages they viewed and search terms used. Weebly makes consistent updates adding and/or tweaking features that make creating a site easy and giving you the tools you need to make your site unique.
Read Heather Pellegrini's full review
Ramin Sultanov profile photo
January 30, 2018

Weebly Review: "Fabulous One"

We used this software to build our website of Education Course. It was a painless process with hundreds of templates to choose from and an easy drag-and-drop interface that made it easy for someone with no prior web design experience. And also I used it to create my own websites for my students and my audience.
  • Drag and Drop feature
  • Dozens of Templates
  • Easy to implement
  • It's only useful for simple websites
  • Pricing is higher
  • Weak customer service
I like the drag and drop feature most, it makes the creation of websites quick and you don't have to learn about HTML codes. It has so many templates in every subject, all you have to do is choose one of the templates and by using the drag and drop method add your contents to your site easily. You can choose to use a free subdomain of Weebly as .weebly.com. If you want more professional domains you have to buy them, but prices are cheaper than others.
Read Ramin Sultanov's full review
Ai Ashe profile photo
January 16, 2018

User Review: "Weebly"

I use Weebly as a student portfolio resource. Students use Weebly to construct a website to post blogs and completed assignments as a way of documenting their learning throughout the semester. Students can also use Weebly to set up a demo reel.
  • User-friendly; simple interface
  • Awesome free templates to get students started quickly.
  • Allows for customizing
  • Pre-made template banners are hard to customize. Before the update, you could hover over a banner, obtain the pixel dimensions and recreate a customized banner on your own. Now, that feature has been taken away.
  • Greater selection of free images for educational use.
Great for digital portfolios. Wonderful for small business ventures that needed to develop a website to promote products/services. Less appropriate for classes that are not digital or use graphics: for example a math class. However, I believe that Weebly can be designed to fit any needs; a resource for flipped learning.
Read Ai Ashe's full review
Gore Abdulov profile photo
May 03, 2018

Weebly Review: "Amazing Web Builder Product"

The free version of Weebly has lota of limitations to build and edit a website, we made our first attempts with the trial version and it helped us a lot. And after that, we decided to get the paid version to build our professional website. And we are using Weebly to create our sub blogs to share specific events with out customers.
  • It's incredibly easy to use
  • Drag and Drop feature make things easier
  • Customer Service is helpful always
  • Lack of customization
  • We need extra themes and templates for blogs
  • Price is high
You can use all kinds of elements on your website, such as maps. photos, videos, slideshows only using a drag and drop feature. Weebly is very simple to setup and use. And it didn't take too much time to learn how to use it. I think it can be useful for any company, especially small organizations.
Read Gore Abdulov's full review
Jill Nimmer-Beres profile photo
December 14, 2017

Weebly: "Generate a web presence quickly, cheaply and LOVE the site you create!"

We use Weebly to publish our conservation organization's website, which provides club information such as recent or upcoming activities and event results to our current and potential members. Select board members publish and/or edit dynamic content as needed. We are in the process of adding a sister site specifically for our non-profit organization. I love that we are able to add this additional site for free under our current Pro plan.
  • Weebly makes it incredibly easy for contributors to add content on an occasional basis without knowing the nitty-gritty details of site maintenance. Plus, their site security makes sure that a novice contributor does not accidentally trash the site.
  • Changing the site's look and feel is fairly quick and easy. Weebly walks you through the process, giving you the confidence to improve your site.
  • Adding images, video and/or sound is as easy as click-and-drag! Careful use of visuals greatly increase the relevance of our site.
  • Adding a copy of an event flyer can sometimes be frustrating, as certain formats force odd badging or fuzzy text.
  • Initial use of the product takes more time than it really should....better documentation at the start would help greatly. Reaching out to the user community does make up for some of these issues, however.
  • Upgrades and changes to the product are not readily communicated. I've always hoped that might be because I use an info@domainname address, but I have never taken the time to verify that.
My search for a website solution focused on finding a product that non-technical contributors could embrace with little-to-no training. I also needed a solution that tightened security to the point that individual contributors had access to change what they needed, but not what they were not responsible for. Weebly works great in situations like this.
Read Jill Nimmer-Beres's full review
Trina Boice profile photo
December 14, 2017

Weebly Review: "Easy to learn and use"

I have created several websites for different organizations that I work with. All of them were designed to get information out there, as well as provide an online store for various products associated with the organization. For example, one web site is for an upcoming class reunion. Another is for a club team at my son's high school. Another is for a church. Another is for my personal author web site.
  • It's easy to use and learn.
  • Drag and drop use.
  • Lots of templates to choose from.
  • Free platform for beginners or for personal use.
  • Better drag and drop options.
  • More fresh template options.
  • Store could use improvement to incorporate blogging and stores.
It offers a free plan to get started on, which is great. It's pretty easy to learn and use, but drag and drop features would be even easier. Some of the templates look dated and could be more fresh and new. If you want a free site for your sports team, family, church, or club, this is a good place to start. If you want a more professional site with complex features like a store, instant downloads, landing page, etc., you'll want to pay for the upgrade.
Read Trina Boice's full review
Reita Silvis profile photo
December 14, 2017

Review: "Weebly Helps Us Connect to Our Audience!"

We are creating a greater reach to our audience. It seems that people are getting their news and resources online more and more and the blog helps offer ideas, information, and tips on how they can be better stewards.
  • I like how easy it is to customize your page.
  • There is a flexibility like most other sites simply do not have.
  • I don't like that you have to buy a plan to get 'weebly' out of the web address.
  • It sort of makes it confusing for people who are looking for a specific site when you're only a student and can't afford to publish your projects on your own.
It is a good place to put your infographics or multimedia pieces for cheap/free. I'd recommend if you have the money to buy it so you don't have to have 'weebly' in the site name and can fully make it your own.
Read Reita Silvis's full review
Marcelo de Vasconcellos profile photo
December 12, 2017

Weebly Review: "A Great Tool for Training Designers"

I am a professor in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, teaching music students how to create a presence online. One important aspect is creating some kind of site or hot site, which tends to be very difficult for non-technical people. I found that Weebly works really well for these students, allowing them to create sites that express themselves creatively, even when they lack the skills typically associated with web development.
  • It allows building a site visually, without requiring deep knowledge of HTML, CSS and similar skills.
  • It has a wide range of media widgets like YouTube, maps, search boxes, social media and other tools, nicely integrated.
  • It provides the site creation and the hosting, all in one package.
  • Some parts of the layout are a bit rigid, making it difficult to design pages less structured. Despite this can be seen as kind of protection against visual inconsistency, some users could find it a bit constrained.
  • Weebly has a collection of photos (free and paid) that can be inserted in the site, but they must be found through keyword search. Other ways of searching (collections, tags, suggestions, etc.) would improve this function.
  • The user must be aware that the site created in Weebly must stay in Weebly's servers to keep its editing functionalities. It is possible to get the files (code, images and so on) and move them to a new host provider, but they would not work without some fixing made by a web designer.
Students of creative arts who need to present their work or learn how to make a presence online. Weebly is particularly useful to teach people about design principles without having to detail technical aspects of coding.

Small entrepreneurs who don't need complex websites and don't want to hire a professional web designer.

Artists who want to present their work to the world.
Read Marcelo de Vasconcellos's full review
Nikkii Kashub profile photo
February 09, 2018

Weebly Review: "Easy to use, Fast to set up"

We switched from GoDaddy to Weebly as we needed something easier to use that also appealed to our customers. We wanted to be able to make quick changes on the fly on a weekly basis (new workouts, new recipes, new challenges).
  • Love the WUSIWUG editor.
  • Drag and drop features make it really easy to customize the layout of your site.
  • Lots of professional templates to use as a starting point.
  • Nothing!
This is a great tool for someone who wants to create a website but doesn't have a lot of experience. You can get a professional result without paying a premium, AND it's fun to use!
Read Nikkii Kashub's full review
March 02, 2018

Weebly Review: "Easy Marketing for Small Business"

We are a small business that is currently using Weebly to create and maintain our website. There are a handful of employees that are trained on how to use the software and we use it to get information to our customers regarding merchandise, current sales and promotions, store hours and locations etc.
  • Weebly makes it easy for users who are not very tech savvy to create a site that looks professional and well thought out.
  • Weebly provides users with a variety of templates for creating new pages quickly and efficiently.
  • The software allows users to make updates to their site and pages quickly and changes are published immediately.
  • Sometimes the templates in Weebly are restrictive which make design and adding content a little difficult.
  • While adding new pages is relatively easy, there are a lot of steps/questions that a user must tackle in order to set the page up.
  • Incorporating photos and/or a slide show in Weebly is helpful but the feature is a clunky and doesn't integrate with the website as nicely as we would like.
Weebly is definitely well suited for small business that don't have a large marketing budget or tech savvy employees but would still like to have information reach their customers. Weebly would not be something I would recommend for a company looking to sell merchandise online or a company with a technology department and the ability to create a little more integrated site for their customers.
February 27, 2018

User Review: "Weebly for Small Businesses"

We currently use Weebly to create and maintain our business website. It allows us to display merchandise, create blog posts and provide our customers with information about the business. We are a smaller business so there is not a particular department that uses the software rather than just a couple of people that are responsible for marketing.
  • Weebly allows users to create new pages and web content very easily.
  • Weebly provides layout and different templates that are helpful we generating new content.
  • When creating or updating new pages or content changes take effect immediately, which is helpful.
  • There is a learning curve when beginning to use Weebly, some of the processes are not very intuitive.
  • We have to use a different software to send out marketing emails and it would be nice if it would all be house in the same software.
  • When creating new pages there are many steps involved in order to get it the format you want.
Weebly is a great tool for creating a website to house many pages and data for someone that is less tech-savvy. It is perfect for small businesses that don't receive as much web traffic. I would say this software is less ideal for bigger businesses with higher web traffic.
Austin Schmidt profile photo
December 05, 2017

Weebly Review: "Easy-to-use, affordable, great choice."

Weebly is being used to build, update, and host our website. The problem it addresses is the need for a sharp looking, easy to update website, without breaking the bank or requiring a developer. The needs and requirements for the website are fairly basic.
  • Weebly is easy-to-use. Really the definition of intuitive.
  • Weebly doesn't restrict you to their ecosystem. Many drag n drop builders make their real money off strong arming you into using the rest of their tools by actively restricting the implementation of third party solutions (think scheduling tools, chat, etc). Weebly doesn't do this.
  • The responsiveness is really good for a drag n drop builder.
  • Reasonably priced. Weebly is affordable for anyone.
  • At times, you can't quite do what you envision. While it's drag n drop, there is a grid system that must be maintained. Every once in awhile you'll get a bit irritated and revert to plan B. Being able to freestyle just a bit more would be nice.
  • You're very limited in what types of rotating content pieces (like quote sliders) you can create without a third party plug in. Slideshow images are solid, but image + text or text only, not so much.
  • I think the blogging capabilities are a little weak. I wish there was a better way to create different templates for the blog. It feels a little restricting and I find it harder to use than the rest of the product.
Weebly is well suited for a bootstrapped start up or small business without complex website needs. If you'll need advanced site capabilities in the future, perhaps a Wordpress (and likely hiring a developer) is the right path from the beginning to avoid outgrowing your site. If you plan on staying somewhat small/simple, or don't mind rebuilding from scratch down the road, it's hard to beat Weebly.
Read Austin Schmidt's full review
Amy Wellner profile photo
December 05, 2017

Weebly Review: "Best Website Platform for Beginners!"

Weebly is used to cast vision for projects I'm working on, share personal thoughts or opinions, and generate ideas about projects. Currently it's used on an individual basis. It addresses a high need in this company to broadcast widely what is happening in our organization.
  • Easy to create posts with a variety of options (adding photos, inserting hyperlinks, etc).
  • Excellent customer service reps who can answer any question one might have.
  • Offer apps that pair well with Weebly which allows for customization of websites.
  • Better way to view statistics of website traffic
Easy to use for first-time website creators, especially personal bloggers or small businesses creating a platform. Great for individuals who want to customize their sites and tailor them to exactly what they need.
Read Amy Wellner's full review
Sarah Ciras Rousseau profile photo
September 05, 2017

User Review: "Weebly Allows for Creativity"

Weebly is used within my program to create portfolios for teachers and students. The free web hosting and customizable elements are extraordinarily helpful for students and teachers alike. The program allows one to make something truly representative of themselves. It could also be used to create a class website or way to share other information.
  • Customizable, allows for creativity and expression.
  • Secure hosting, data and analytics are very helpful tools as well.
  • Free hosting also is a huge draw.
  • Weebly's web development integration could be smoother.
  • An educational license would be a nice improvement.
  • Getting started tutorials could be implemented.
Weebly could be very useful for long-term projects and classroom websites. They don't have a ton of interactivity though, so better integration with Google Suites would be helpful. Weebly is very easy to work with once you have played around with it a bit, so tech-savvy students could get a lot out of it.

Read Sarah Ciras Rousseau's full review

Role-based user permissions (22)
API (13)
Internationalization / multi-language (14)
WYSIWYG editor (27)
Code quality / cleanliness (30)
Admin section (31)
Page templates (34)
Library of website themes (34)
Mobile optimization / responsive design (33)
Publishing workflow (29)
Form generator (27)
Content taxonomy (21)
SEO support (26)
Bulk management (16)
Availability / breadth of extensions (26)
Community / comment management (24)

About Weebly

Weebly is a basic content management system with blogging and eCommerce features. It is inexpensive, and aims to allow all users to easily create high quality sites, regardless of technical skill.

Pricing ranges from free to $25/month. All offerings include email and chat support; Pro and Business include phone support, as well as a site search, video & audio, and password protected pages. Paid subscriptions include a domain name (free for one year), and remove the Weebly link from the website.

Weebly is available in 11 languages (English, French, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Turkish, Dutch, and German).

Weebly Technical Details