Overall Satisfaction with Alfresco
Alfresco is a document management system that can be implemented in a lot of different use cases. It can be used as the central DMS across the whole company, or dedicated to a specific use in a department. Alfresco is highly configurable and customizable that makes really interesting this solution.
- Alfresco is able to handle a very large number of documents without requiring huge server capacity.
- Alfresco is able to connect to the cloud solution and to share documents with an external organisation without security issues.
- Alfresco implements standards like CMIS, and provides very simple integration points.
- Alfresco is a bundle of technology packaged together, so this solution requires a lot of expertise if you want to customize a lot your solution.
- Sometimes, to switch from a paper world to an electronic world can be painful for users. Because of its flexibility, Alfresco is always welcomed by end users. Alfresco becomes really a tool that help the user and not a constraint.
- MS SharePoint,Nuxeo
Alfresco provides by default a very user-friendly user interface, And it's highly configurable. Moreover, the license model is really interesting compared to both solutions.
The Alfresco market is bigger and bigger and it's logic. It's really a product that provides innovation quite often. Alfresco implements the standard CMIS 1.1 (before that the standard has been published), they provides interesting tools like IPhone apps or Android apps. The latest 4.2 version provides as well a new re-branded user interface.
Alfresco is split into 2 web applications: the Alfresco core engine, and the Share Collaboration web user interface. If the Share UI is not appropriate to the use case, it's really easy to build an other UI on the top of the engine. Alfresco provides by default a lot of API and you can develop more if needed really simply and quickly.