AlienVault USM Anywhere - Cost effective SIEM-as-a-servicehttps://www.trustradius.com/security-information-event-management-siemAlienVault USMUnspecified7.96001012018-10-29T15:58:47.362Z
Updated July 16, 2019
AlienVault USM Anywhere - Cost effective SIEM-as-a-service
Score 10 out of 101
USM Anywhere (SaaS)
Overall Satisfaction with AlienVault USM
AlienVault USM Anywhere provides us with SIEM, at a low price point and with a great array of functionality. SIEM is critical to our security operations and feeds incident response efforts. We use it to monitor logs and events from our applications and server platforms, integrating many of our other security products into the flow of data into USM Anywhere, for centralized logging and event management.
- AlienVault USM Anywhere is easy to deploy with their cloud-based model and deploying the required agents on-prem (or in the cloud) is quick and easy.
- Custom rules allow for alerting based on content from events and you can even trigger agents in response to threats, shutting down computers or grabbing forensic info for incident response.
- USM Anywhere also takes care of reporting for ISO and PCI, allowing you to pull reports for auditors at a moment’s notice.
- With many integrations out-of-the-box, you can pull in all the data from products you use and other sources, such as Amazon CloudWatch Logs.
- We would love to be able to create custom rules based on a series of events, to create rule-sets where, for example, failed logins to the VPN Server are logged and then when a successful attempt follows soon after, it triggers an alarm for a Brute Force. It does this for things like OKTA already, so control over which events this applies to would be great.
- More data tiers - something between 250GB and 500GB tiers, maybe break it down into 100GB tiers?
- Integration with OpsGenie would be great.
We found AlienVault was the best on price vs. features and the team at AlienVault worked hard to make sure we were happy during our on-boarding. Features are rolled out fast and issues addressed quickly. The integration of OTX out-of-box and at no additional cost was a real selling pint and the AWS features made it a clear winner.
We have OTX to be a valuable source and the tight integration with USM really helps eliminate false positives. Being able to submit your own information into OTX also adds value and helps put context on threats. We sometimes find IP addresses can be out of date in OTX and linked to old threats, but it's good to see the history of what has occurred on this IP and you can go back and look for historical indicators of compromise in your data.
With a security team of 2, we are able to manage the events from hundreds of sources and 10's of applications on a daily basis and quickly filter out the noisy alerts and focus on the real events that pose a threat to us. USM Anywhere allows for quick and intuitive configuration and the daily activities don't feel like a chore and are simple to perform.
AlienVault USM Anywhere is a great SIEM and if you need to deploy a SaaS solution then it is suited very well. It works very well for us being 100% AWS and integrates well with our toolset and AWS features. The AT&T Alien Labs Open Threat Intelligence (OTX) is perfect for providing context on events and feeding our incident response processes.