stop emailing spreadsheets!https://www.trustradius.com/corporate-performance-management-cpmAnaplanUnspecified8.12121012016-04-12T18:24:36.830Z
April 12, 2016
stop emailing spreadsheets!
Score 10 out of 101
- Anaplan for Finance
Overall Satisfaction with Anaplan
We are using Anaplan across many departments. It's being used for budgeting, forecasting and as a portal for reporting and gathering information. It's a nice way to collect information - no longer a need to consolidate. Data collect is very straightforward, but we also have very complex tiles - like our budgets.
- Budgeting: we previously used Excel spreadsheets for Anaplan that were uploaded into a planning tool. If we had errors in our underlying tool, we'd have to write fix macros and update 2000+ spreadsheets. With Anaplan, fixes are invisible and there's no more emailing or uploading. It's all real time.
- Dashboards: we have our dashboards built in Anaplan and have quick drill down capability. We also have security, so it's very easy to secure information.
- There were issues with Anaplan timing out and forcing us to login again.
- There's not always the flexibility in reporting -- somethings we dump into Excel and report from Excel.
- I'm sure the impact is positive. We have streamlined many processes and created capacity for our finance team.
- It's great to have "one source of truth" and know that everyone is looking at the same metrics.