Anaplan - a powerful flexible tool with nearly endless potentialhttps://www.trustradius.com/corporate-performance-management-cpmAnaplanUnspecified7.92131012017-05-15T16:19:55.677Z
May 15, 2017
Anaplan - a powerful flexible tool with nearly endless potential
Score 9 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Anaplan
Our road map is to implement Anaplan globally to connect all departments and all levels of the organization for end to end planning, management reporting and analysis. Our initial phases focused on seamlessly connecting orders reporting and forecasting to revenue and gross margin forecasting. Anaplan allows all levels of the organization to have one version of the data and was the catalyst for rolling out consistent forecasting processes across all regions and functions. Anaplan will bring efficiency to our organization by eliminating shadow finance activities, improving data integrity and allowing consistent on demand analytics.
- It is a very user-friendly platform that allows individuals without IT backgrounds to build models in simple syntax. If you know how to use Excel, you will be able to pick up model building in Anaplan with relative ease using the guided build methodology.
- Anaplan is a blank slate that allows for multi-dimension models in which we determine the dimensions versus forcing us to adhere to predetermined dimensions.
- Maintaining our company hierarchies in data hub allows us to change information there and have it automatically pushed out to all spoke models versus changing 10-20 spreadsheets.
- The dashboard functionality is basic therefore, we have to bring in Tableau to provide a more professional view of the outputs as well as to allow management to more easily slice and dice data.
- There is an Anaplan learning center however, I have not found it useful when I have questions. We are fortunate to have Aviana Global guiding us through the initial phases of our process. Without our consultants, learning Anaplan would be overwhelming.
- The Anaplan Connect needs to be improved. We are considering a third party ETL, but we prefer that Anaplan have this capability built into its platform.
- Anaplan for Finance
- Anaplan for Sales
- Anaplan for Marketing
- Anaplan for HR
- Anaplan - Platform
We are early in our implementation therefore, Anaplan's impact is not fully measurable. It will cut one to two days off of our revenue forecasting by eliminating individual spreadsheets and through use of the data hub that feeds the spoke models. We have not yet measured the impact it has on our sales ops team, but we expect that it will cut at least a half day from central sales ops and hours of time across multiple regional sales ops teams each week.
Anaplan was an easy choice because two other divisions in our company used it in limited ways - either only sales ops or financial reporting. In addition, it was the hands down best choice given the complexity and size of our organization. We operate in a highly matrixed organization across the globe therefore, we needed a powerful and flexible platform; not all options allowed for this flexibility nor were they suited for large multi-national companies.
We hope to improve accuracy and efficiency in all levels of the organization by eliminating shadow activities and standardizing the collection and analysis of data. We see this platform as something that has endless possibilities given its flexibility and power. In addition, by giving us one version of the truth we see Anaplan as a tool in improving the reliability and accuracy of our reporting.
Because it is flexible, Anaplan is well suited for complex global organizations. We are a multi-matrix organization therefore, having the ability to establish multiple hierarchies in data hub and use those to slice and dice in the spoke models improves efficiency and accuracy. We are in the early stages of our implementation therefore, we are yet to encounter scenarios where Anaplan is not appropriate. My guess would be that if you have a small company with little complexity, then you might consider a less powerful tool.