Articulate Studio - PowerPoint Gem
Overall Satisfaction with Articulate Studio
Articulate Studio was our original method of creating e-learning. We currently have the software, but use Articulate Storyline more often. I still use some of the additional products such as engage. I still have some older courses that I have not converted to the Storyline, so I need the program for updates.
I originally used the software at another company to create courses that were accessed for a new Production implementation.
This software gives a quick and easy method with a very small learning curve for those that are already using PowerPoint. I used the software to actually create a automated presentation for one of our clients that was not a very good speaker. It allows video, and sound input that can enhance a presentation.
- Converts PowerPoint Presentations into e-learning modules quickly.
- It has a quick and easy learning curve.
- The supplemental programs like Quiz Maker and Engage allow a user to create expanded content that would be virtually impossible with just PowerPoint. It give the designer a professional course look and feel.
- There are at times a problem with PowerPoint and its connectivity with the program. It is an add in to PowerPoint and sometimes they don't "talk." I am not sure if this is a solved situation with the latest versions of PowerPoint with Studio, since I have only used it with PowerPoint 2010 or older.
- It doesn't have the advanced features that the Storyline product provides, and it doesn't have the advanced updates and capabilities of the new Articulate 360.
- Our organization must create training for individual locations that may have as few as 2 and as many as 50 employees. When you do that you can't purchase training and you need to make a lot of site specific courses even to separate video components. This is a cost effective way of providing for that need.
- The negative might be the cost of the software if you are not going to use it for a large quantity of course work.