Overall Satisfaction with Barracuda Web Filter
We are resellers of the Barracuda Web Filter. Our clients use the Barracuda Web Filter for several reasons. Content filtering, web usage tracking (by site/category/user), security measures, reporting, bandwidth usage and compliance. Not only do our clients benefit from the features listed, but it also keeps employees on track by limiting them to work-related websites, and/or only granting access to specific types of Internet during certain hours (ex. during lunch hour Facebook is accessible) or access to specific people/departments.
- Content filtering
- Ease of setup
- 4 year refresh cycle
- It may be a tough sell, as a lot of firewalls have some type of content filter built in (but the Barracuda Web Filter is exponentially better)
- It may be cost prohibitive for a smaller company
- It will likely need an engineer to properly install/configure it
- Keeps users on task (by blocking non work related content)
- Potentially aids in identification of bandwidth problems
- We never need to purchase new hardware, (4 year refresh)
Barracuda Web Filter is superior to the built-in content filters of any firewalls (even next gen) that we have encountered. It's a misconception that the built-in filtering on a SonicWALL or WatchGuard is enough. I don't believe that Barracuda has any direct competitors in this space that it's not head and shoulders above.
For a larger organization, this is a must. It provides insight into what the users are doing online and most malicious sites will no longer be accessible if access is denied. This can also give access to non-work related sites, but in a limited capacity, based on user or time of day. Though a smaller company would benefit from the features, it may be cost prohibitive.