November 15, 2018
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Boardingware
We use Boardingware to track students' whereabouts. This is not just for school trips, but medical leave, vacations and any other reason a student may leave campus. We also use it to designate which students have medical issues that need to be put on a watch list to include anything from allergies to diabetes. In the near future we'll be using this program to also track school/class attendance. Currently Boardingware is used by all faculty and staff campus wide.
- User-friendly interface. One doesn't need to really even use the tutorials if they don't want to.
- Customer service - I've never gone more than 24 hrs without an issue being resolved. Usually it's much less than that.
- Constant improvements and expansion. The program keeps growing without the need to change what we're doing. There are improvements that are helpful, but we're not forced to use them if they are not actually useful or needed. This is a great asset.
- The only thing I've thought of is that more space for a larger photo on the student's profile would be helpful. Other than this they need to just keep doing what they are doing.
- We were tracking student leave by hand or by an in-house program. Both of these became inefficient and/or unusable. Having Boardingware has expedited the process. It's hard to give numbers, but we're several days ahead of where we used to be in terms of tracking students' leave for Thanksgiving break.
- Parent involvement was always an issue, but with Boardingware parents must approve a leave before we (the school) does. This makes parents take responsibility for their child which happens less than it should.
- Having access to flagged students with health issues makes it much easier to plan field trips. We can easily know who should have what meds or epi pens based on their Boardingware profile. Safety awareness and prevention has gone up due to this feature.