Great at-a-glance reporting toolhttps://www.trustradius.com/business-intelligence-biBusiness Intelligence DiscovererUnspecified7.65431012019-09-17T19:34:20.598Z
September 17, 2019
Great at-a-glance reporting tool
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Business Intelligence Discoverer
Business Intelligence is used across all departments in the organization and it is used to provide analytical information to all business users which assists with business decisions in the respective departments. Users are able to get an overall picture of how the organization is performing at a glance. The executive team also uses these reports for decision making.
- The ability to export to Excel and other reporting tools.
- The ability to allow users to create their own reports.
- The ability to report across different modules to show overall pictures.
- Using BI 12c, the look and feel of the application can be more modern.
- The creation of RPD's for seamless fast reporting can be done simply as OBIEE uses the Oracle database structure.
- Performance issues with reporting data directly from EBS.
Currently, we only merge data from EBs, and find the integration to be slow. Combining data from Oracle seeded tables runs slowly when reporting to Oracle BI.
Yes - I am a member of Oracle Community. I find the responses good most of the times. Users provide issues and others assist as much as they can.
Business Intelligence Discoverer is best suited for financial reporting where accounting teams can view general ledger activities. It is, however, not suited for sub-ledger reporting as I find the application runs slow for the query. BI is also very good for a snapshot view of daily activities which is useful for executives to get an overall picture of operations.