Overall Satisfaction with Centerprise Data Integrator
Our department handles data conversion for a proprietary database. We process and manipulate data coming from competitors' systems in a variety of formats, and convert it into our systems. Centerprise readily replaces the need to use multiple other programs with their Data Integrator. Instead of processing in one program, then the next, and so on, we now have a single-point tool that does everything the others do, and much more.
- We often receive PDF-based reports from a competitor's financial and payroll management system. A normal cut and paste operation makes a mess of the data, whereas the Centerprise Data Integrator parses and aggregates the data.
- In some cases, we have to generate a value for a proprietary field in our database based on multiple fields of competitive data. Rather than support multiple versions of our own data importer, we can build the value on the fly, saving time and effort.
- The Data Integrator is intelligent in its ability to parse reports, map and modify fields, and export data. We are just now going into more depth from starting at the tip of the Centerprise iceberg. The more we see, the more impressed we are.
- I haven't seen any areas for improvement, but as I become more proficient with its usage, there's an outside chance I could provide suggestions.
- The tool has had significant impact on our ability to gather and convert competitive data where the competitor will not provide or allow access to their data source directly. If their system will generate reports, we can convert it.
We looked at some similar data integration tools, but reading the fine print of one revealed its need to scan our network - which automatically removed itself from our consideration. We will never compromise our customer's data for any reason, especially that of a suspect third-party software provider. The others lost out to Centerprise because their combination of value and ability vs cost didn't make sense.