Overall Satisfaction with Cisco Firepower NGIPS (formerly Sourcefire 3D)
Firepower NGIPS is our primary IPS/IDS solution. It provides a layer of defense against network intrusion that provides very meaningful feedback via the Firepower Management Center (FMC). We use it both internally and recommend it to our customers as the leading NGIPS/IDS solutions available on the market. We are using Firepower NGIPS to both detect and proactively prevent unauthorized network access.
- Stops unauthorized network access
- Provides meaningful event and incident reporting via the FMC
- Provides robust detection, prevention, and alerting of IPS/IDS events
- Fine tuning the Firepower policies is tedious and time consuming
- Has made it much easier to determine when incidents have occurred
- Has been effective in reducing false positives and making solution management more efficient and cost effective
Very easy to navigate GUI in the FMC and very effective at performing the intending duties.
Support from Cisco TAC has been impeccable in regards to Firepower. We have typically been contacted within 1 business day and all issues have been quickly resolved.
Any network that contains sensitive customer or user information that has to have any ports open to the internet for any reason needs to have some kind of IPS/IDS solution. Cisco Firepower NGIPS is a Gartner Industry Leader and is very effective for the purpose, especially when combined with other Cisco Security platform solutions.