Exciting tool from Clouderahttps://www.trustradius.com/data-scienceCloudera Data Science WorkbenchUnspecified7.5131012018-02-14T18:09:23.489Z
February 14, 2018
Exciting tool from Cloudera
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Cloudera Data Science Workbench
- Used by the Data Science/Engineering Team as a collaboration tool.
- Combines all the efforts of various departments under a single IDE and provides a holistic view in the retail setting.
- Use of data to project sales numbers, marketing etc.
- One single IDE (browser based application) that makes Scala, R, Python integrated under one tool
- For larger organizations/teams, it lets you be self reliant
- As it sits on your cluster, it has very easy access of all the data on the HDFS
- Linking with Github is a very good way to keep the code versions intact
- Not as great as RStudio; lacks some features when compared with it
- It is quite simple still (because its very early in its initiative), and companies may want to wait until they see a more developed product
- As the tool itself can access all the HDFS, Spark data easily, the wait time between teams has reduced
- Installation was a breeze, and ramp up time was fairly easy
Both the tools have similar features and have made it pretty easy to install/deploy/use. Depending on your existing platform (Cloudera vs. Azure) you need to pick the Workbench. Another observation is that Cloudera has better support where you can get feedback on your questions pretty fast (unlike MS). As its a new product, I expect MS to be more efficient in handling customers questions.
- If you already have a Cloudera partnership and a cluster, having this is a no brainer.
- It integrates well with your existing ecosystem and it immediately starts working on projects, accessing full datasets and share analysis and results.
- With the inclusion of Kubernetes, CPU and memory across worker nodes can be managed effectively.