Overall Satisfaction with CodeSignal
CodeSignal was used by Capital One to screen candidates before offering them final round interviews for their Software Engineering Internship. I took the CodeSignal General Coding Assessment as a part of my internship recruiting. The product addresses the need to screen many potential candidates down to a manageable number that Capital One can dedicate company time and resources to interviewing. My experience was applying for a software engineering internship but I believe Capital One also uses CodeSignal for full-time hiring.
- Easy to use interface
- General Coding Assessment score can be used by candidates to apply to many different roles at different companies that use CodeSignal
- Scoring System that takes into account correctness, as well as speed, gives companies a quick easy way to evaluate potential candidates
- Question difficulty did not seem standardized with the two times I took the assessment being very different in difficulty
- General Coding Assessment
- Code Autocomplete
- Broad Choice of Languages to choose from
- CodeSignal Allowed me to take one Assessment and apply it to many different company roles. This allowed me to reach final round interviews at 3 different companies using just one coding test.
HackerRank is another commonly used platform for coding assessments used by companies to screen out intern applicants. HackerRank is a lot more widely used by companies but it does not offer a General Coding Assessment. Every position that I used HackerRank to apply for had its own unique coding assessment. The use of CodeSignal's General Coding Assessment benefits candidates by saving our time with just one test that can be used to apply to multiple positions. As far as the general interface, both HackerRank and CodeSignal were similarly easy to understand.
Do you think CodeSignal delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with CodeSignal's feature set?
Did CodeSignal live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of CodeSignal go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy CodeSignal again?
I think CodeSignal is best suited for large companies that receive many applications and need to cut down the number of candidates quickly before moving on to future rounds in the hiring process. In smaller companies, or for roles with fewer applicants, there are better ways to accurately judge candidate ability and CodeSignal may not be the best option.