File-AID, good value and still evolving
February 25, 2020

File-AID, good value and still evolving

Sean Zef | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with Compuware File-AID

Currently using File-AID across our org. We're mostly using it for creating test data and compares.
  • Extract/load data from one DB or table to another masking the data for testing.
  • Compare extracts against each other to ensure good baselines.
  • I find it more obtuse to use than IBM Optim.
  • Related tables are difficult to incorporate.
  • Saves time creating production like data for testing.
  • Keeps that data safe from developers and need-to-know only.
Optim is more user friendly in how it operates, in my opinion. It's less obtuse to figure out how to extract and mask the data required compared to File-AID. Further, Optim is easier to gather related tables, by far. I do prefer using File-AID via the Topaz GUI much more than using Optim via its GUI. Finally, I personally believe that File-AID is significantly faster to run than Optim - this could be a configuration issue.
Support has been amazing compared to Optim. Further, new features are very regular with File-AID - I can't remember the last time Optim had a significant update. File-AID support is very receptive to feature requests and reported bugs, including sending out hotfixes quickly.

Do you think Compuware File-AID delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Compuware File-AID's feature set?

Did Compuware File-AID live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Compuware File-AID go as expected?

Would you buy Compuware File-AID again?

It's pretty good at creating an extract of a whole table, but not the best at grabbing all related tables in my experience. Pretty intuitive on setting up your test data categories. I also really like that it can either run via ISPF or via Topaz which was included with our purchase.

Compuware File-AID Feature Ratings

Centralized test management
Manage test hosts and schedules
Map tests to user stories
Test execution reporting