DraftSight- An Affordable, Encouraging way to dip your toes into draftinghttps://www.trustradius.com/computer-aided-design-cadDraftSightUnspecified8.12071012019-04-18T14:45:31.934Z
April 18, 2019
DraftSight- An Affordable, Encouraging way to dip your toes into drafting
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with DraftSight
DraftSight is mostly used for getting basic layouts done for projects and project planning. We don't use it super frequently but I have personally spent a good bit of time using it to better understand drafting and similar programs. DraftSight is especially cheap compared to similar products on the market which makes it great for experimenting with and learning on before moving to something more advanced.
- DraftSight has a great user interface, it's so easy to catch on and play around.
- DraftSight contains the most common tools and preferences that are needed for basic drafting.
- It's just not too complicated. Many programs require intense training to use well and DraftSight doesn't. It's a good starter program that boosts confidence and teaches at the same time.
- Of course they could always expand the toolbox. They have the necessary tools but increasing their capabilities would make the program a huge competitor on the market.
- More help resources would make the learning process go by quicker.
- It's cheap, so it has been a great way to increase our software skillset as a company and not break the bank.
- Learning to use a drafting program is simpler with DraftSight. It's not overly complicated and doesn't suck endless amounts of time to learn.
The interface is easy to navigate and the somewhat limited toolbox actually makes learning more straightforward. There are fewer distractions and fewer rabbit trails to lose yourself on.
Not yet. We are a young, small company and have only begun delving into CAD programs. In the future we hope to connect it with other products and improve our company processes.
The price is a big one. We many never had opened the door for drafting if we hadn't seen DraftSight. It's not going to break the bank and it makes things less stressful if we realize down the road that the program isn't what we thought we needed or wasn't a good decision. The interface and accessibility makes it a huge benefit because time isn't spend in hours and hours of training, we just let employees sit down and learn at their own pace since it's not a service we offer (yet). Because of this, it's allowed us to put feelers out for future business opportunities and skills that we otherwise would not have.
My company has been able to increase productivity quite a bit with DraftSight. Unlike other CAD software, DraftSight is simple, straightforward, and doesn't have TOO many bells and whistles that distract and overcomplicate the learning process. It has been a big help in starting to include some drafting in our company services without a huge waste of time for learning. Overall a great investment that has sped things up in the program itself but also just because it lacks the time consuming elements that many similar programs contain.
DraftSight is a great program for smaller companies or companies who want their employees to get a soft start into drafting and CAD-like programs. While it doesn't have the entire toolbox you may find in a competitor's software, it has a lot and you can learn a lot from it. Beyond that, it's incredibly affordable and not a huge loss if your employee can't learn it or if it doesn't end up being necessary for your company.