Overall Satisfaction with ExpressionEngine
We leverage Expression Engine to build customer friendly CMS websites to spec. Expression Engine offers a vast arsenal of plugins that work with each other, and allow a creative developer to build custom publish and edit forms that make sense to the end users who are often not so web-saavy.
- Bends around website design instead of the other way around.
- Good solution for large customers with different permission groups of users.
- Excellent for managing multiple websites under the same 'hood'.
- Be sure to discuss maintenance options with your customers - the update process is not difficult, but can take a bit of effort.
- Users who actually use the CMS are loyal and come back for updates and other projects. Positive.
Wordpress - back end CMS coding in EE is much nicer than the Wordpress. It is not a system to build layouts - something like Drupal might work better. Define the editable regions beforehand - customers wanting to design their own site within the CMS might need to look elsewhere.