Overall Satisfaction with ExpressionEngine
We're a web design agency, and we use ExpressionEngine to help our clients keep an updated website full of content and images. Some of our team members set up the backend to adopt our design and development features, and some team members simply upload all of the website content and do some Q/A testing and editing. ExpressionEngine is great because it's easy to learn and easy to use once you learn it. Therefore, it makes it easy to get everything up on the site and enables simple collaboration and editing among team members and clients.
- It integrates well with your design and development features, so all you have to do after setup is create the appropriate fields and enter content.
- It integrates well with many different tools and plug-ins, so whatever you need in addition to ExpressionEngine features, there's a tool out there that will connect and work effectively.
- It would be nice to have easier access to older saved versions of pages.
- Simpler, faster communication between team members and clients
- Quick website maintenance turn around
We do use other services too. WordPress is another great option that we use frequently, but ExpressionEngine is great for more complex designs and dev features.
Some clients have a lot external plug-ins they want to use, so making sure all of those tools, or alternatives to those tools, can be easily integrated with ExpressionEngine is the first step. Another thing in question is who and how many people will be updating the site on a regular basis. ExpressionEngine is easy to use and learn, so it's the option we'll suggest to clients who will be updating their own site.