Overall Satisfaction with FileMaker Pro
Merch Media uses Filemaker Pro for our contact management and order processing systems. We issues quotes, purchase orders and track all order activity using our custom FMP system. It allows for detailed, flexible data management. We produce monthly sales reports, commission reports and call activity reports as a result of daily use.
- Flexibility - this is the number one reason I use FMP - I can create documents, reports and fields to appear anyway I want them! Have never seen another software come close in this regard.
- Ease of use - As an advanced user but not a developer - I can fix or modify many things myself on the fly. This saves me time and money and gives me instant results.
- Design Aesthetic - As someone who works in advertising and marketing, I care about design. FMP allows me to have a beautifully designed system. So many databases I have seen look like something from the early 90s. I appreciate that my system I use and look at all day can be well designed.
- Number one issue - cannot access via SAAS like Salesforce or similar systems. All our employees have to have a copy of FMP downloaded & maintained on their machine. Would love to access full capabilities via internet - I "think" they "might" be working on this!
- No financial package - We still have to import financials into a different software. Would love to have full module of small biz accounting.
- Licensing & Maintainence & Customer Service could be better & clearer. I always feel like I have to start over when updating.
- Superior customer service - all data is at our fingertips when we need it.
- Dependability - we have relied on FMP for 15 years & it never disappoints.
- Archived info - we can access data over the years & helps when former clients return.
We worked with another company who used Salesforce and had to become proficient at it for a short time. The order entry was so laborious and the system sooo inflexible I could never use it day to day. There were just so many limitations. However the ease of access by way of any internet connection was very appealing and we are now after FMP to get there quickly!
I would say the only scenario where FMP might not be the best choice is heavy financial needs. But most small businesses could benefit from running their business with FMP.
Using FileMaker Pro
6 - Sales, Production, Management
Our whole business is in FileMaker Pro. We love it. We need it. We are addicted to it.