Overall Satisfaction with GrabCAD Workbench
GrabCad Workbench is the best platform when it comes to managing and sharing CAD files within our organizations and wants to make mass changes to our designs in collaboration with other members, which can be our team members, senior designers, and clients, etc. Using GrabCad Workbench I can do real-time changes to my design by integrating it with CAD systems like SolidWorks and all my members can see the changes live. I can also set up a common part library, where I can use a single component in multiple designs without redesigning it in every file, hence saving my and my clients' time.
- The ease of searching for already designed parts and components in our system helps save designing time.
- I can integrate CAD systems like SolidWorks, where I can make changes to my designs, and all the changes are updated automatically in my uploaded model.
- We can do conversations about the model update within the file, hence reducing time in email conversations and using that time in collaborating with the teams.
- Easy setup of custom common parts library, where we can use single parts in different projects without redesigning them again and again.
- Need not to worry about lost files, we can restore our projects at any point of time.
- One major drawback is, that it cannot display sketches and drawing files, only solids and surfaces can be seen on this platform.
- The platform sometimes becomes unstable, it lags when I try to upload complex assemblies. Hence, GrabCad teams need to work to improve the stability of the platform.
- Easy integration with CAD software like SolidWorks, can see live changes and automatic updating of the CAD files.
- 'Lock File' feature, which I can use to lock important files and prevent changes from other users.
- GrabCad can distinguish all file types, hence for assembly files, we can also see the children's parts used in making the assembly.
- Automatic version update, when a new version is created all my team members receives the latest version automatically.
- It is reliable, as I can restore any lost file easily at any point of time.
- GrabCad Workbench is the best in terms of integration with other CAD software like SolidWorks where live changes can be made to a product.
- GrabCad Workbench has a common parts library, which allows us to use repetitive parts without redesigning them again and again. Hence saving a lot of time.
- I can do all the conversations in the file itself, reducing time in email and other modes.
- It automatically generates BOM for my assembly files.
- It tracks versions, all the files are updated automatically for all members once a new version is created.
- It would be good if it can be updated to read drawing and sketch files.
- The team needs to improve the stability of the platform.
Do you think GrabCAD Workbench (discontinued) delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with GrabCAD Workbench (discontinued)'s feature set?
Did GrabCAD Workbench (discontinued) live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of GrabCAD Workbench (discontinued) go as expected?
Would you buy GrabCAD Workbench (discontinued) again?
GrabCad Workbench is well suited for group projects, where all my team members can view the designs at the same time, and by integrating it with CAD software like SolidWorks, all my team members can see the live changes in the projects based on the recommendations received. I can also do conversations with my team, which are project-specific, thus reducing time in email and video conferences. For assemblies, I can generate a Bill of materials with a single click. However, there are some drawbacks like every member needs to have an account in order to sync files with everyone, and the platform requires good internet connectivity otherwise file uploading will be time-consuming.