Great for performance tracking
April 10, 2018
Great for performance tracking
Score 7 out of 10
- Halogen eAppraisal
- Halogen e360 Multirater
Overall Satisfaction with Halogen TalentSpace
We are currently using Halogen throughout our whole organization. We are a library system with eleven locations across our county, and everyone uses Halogen for at least one process per year, in our annual appraisal process. Everyone is added into Halogen in their first week as an employee, and we encourage individual usage of it as much as the user finds useful, which varies widely across our jobs. It mainly addresses our appraisal and pay for performance raise system as implemented at the end of each year. We are also using it for our executive director's annual assessment and bonus discussions.
- Halogen TalentSpace is great for individual tracking of performance. You can add goals directly to the profile, add documents such as emails, and update anything at any time. That is super helpful.
- Halogen TalentSpace is also super useful for performance tracking on an HR level. We apply raises that depend on annual review scores each year, so to have all those scores in one place in the same process is a lifesaver. We also love how easy the reporting aspect is.
- Halogen TalentSpace has gotten noticeably easier for our employees to use from year to year. We have a lot of employees who have been with us for decades and were used to our old paper process and so were reluctant to move to an electronic process. But Halogen is easy to both teach and tweak every year so we can get everybody comfortable with us, and we've had a noticeable drop in technical issues calls (to our office for internal help) over the past five years.
- I am sticking with the old view of reports for Halogen TalentSpace because although the new view gives you more details, it's hard to set up so that you see exactly what you need to.
- I wish I could adjust the wording/coding more on the admin side because some of the labels Halogen uses for sections are different than what we use but I can't change them and that is sometimes confusing to users, especially supervisors.
- Nobody really likes the updated home page view, including myself, because it adds extraneous information but hides details that used to be available with a quick glance.
- It has given us a quantitative scale for raises.
- It has given us better access to performance documentation.
- The training takes longer but the ROI on that once a supervisor knows the system is great.
It's very appropriate and well suited for talent management processes. We use it for our probationary processes - our employees go through three in their first six months, and it's very easy to move them through the processes. I appreciate the options of either a rolling process based on anniversary dates or a scheduled annual timeframe. We use both, and both work well. The annual process is our best utilization for TalentSpace, because I can see everybody's progress, pull reports on scores, and adjust managers/employees as we go along. The 360 module is also great for our executive director's appraisal process because we had been trying to find a way to pull together all her raters' answers for years and this makes it really easy.