HERO is my Hero!
November 06, 2018
HERO is my Hero!
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Hero
Right now, Hero should be used across the entire school campus by at least all of our classroom teachers. We're struggling this year because of a vast teacher shortage in Hawaiʻi but at our school as well, but it's still working much more smoothly than last year. :)
- Allows ALL students to earn points at the push of a button.
- Connects with infinite Campus so student schedules and info are always accurate on the Hero site.
- Allows teachers to create their own groups for after school programs or even small groups in their classrooms.
- Perhaps the redemption system could be easier. I'd like to click a student's name and type in how many points I'd like to subtract/redeem. That'd help the process along.
- Also to allow track codes to track point amounts larger than 250. We have some things that are more expensive, so it's difficult to have to take multiple steps.
- Maybe Hero could help with an inventory management system for stores?
- Definitely worth the money. The kids are happy, they're using the program as often as they can, and they appreciate the opportunity to be rewarded for their good behavior.
- We've been able to sustain a store, and that's super awesome. I know we wouldn't be able to without the help of Hero and the ways in which we keep the hype.
- I think I need more help with teacher adoption. We have a lot of initiatives at our school, so we're trying to take on a little more than we can chew at this point. We're getting there though!
I haven't tried any other products that are similar to Hero, but Hero is awesome and I can't see changing the program we have at Kalākaua.