Overall Satisfaction with HotDocs
HotDocs is used as a document generation application, either stand-alone or with another information source. It is question-based and extremely powerful for creating documents in the proper format and with all necessary information.
- User-friendly and quick for producing documents.
- Customization for templates can be easy or extremely complicated.
- Engine always functions and produces documents quickly and easily.
- Can accept data from another system and force necessary questions to users.
- Most HotDocs requires high-level coding in order to create templates. This includes complicated codes to insert into Word.
- From the user perspective, using HotDocs is very simple and easy. Creating and maintaining templates requires nearly a programming background to perform.
- Cost for software varies but is generally a sizable cost, especially Developer licenses.
- New versions must be purchased to keep up with newer versions of Microsoft Office.
- Time savings by employees when generating documents mean better ROI efficiency for labor.
- Faster, more accurate turnaround for documents needing to be generated from templates.
- Large capital expenditure depending on the number of users and developers.