Overall Satisfaction with HPE 3PAR StoreServ Storage
We are currently using the HPE 3PAR for as our disk storage for our entire organization's data. Its good in that instead of having a large number of physical servers, we can utilize its function to allow for a number of virtual servers that are easier to manage.
- It seems to integrate well with VMware.
- We never seem to have slow I/O, which is good.
- Its has HP monitoring it and they let us know when things go wrong.
- It's very large and takes up a lot of room in the rack.
- I hate that it's proprietary and that I have to buy "special HP Drives" that cost 3-4 times as much and are the same drives I could source from anywhere.
- It has a very old management interface, and it's not very user-friendly.
- It was very costly to purchase and the licensing/support/upgrading is also very costly.
- It does provide what we need for data storage, but I think we could have done that for less overall money.