Overall Satisfaction with IBM Spectrum Virtualize
IBM Spectrum Virtualize, better known as SAN Volume Controller, is used to virtualize all the SAN storage and presents LUNS to our IBM, Red Had, Oracle systems. It does to storage as VMware does to servers. It addresses what one can do by upgrading back-end storage without affecting production and migrating to such new storage without user impact.
- Virtualizes all your Block Storage
- Works on Fibre Channel or iSCSI
- Saves time, engineering and money for overtime of just watching data copy
- Costly but worth every dime in staff hours saved
- Each generation has its limits on Fibre Channel speed it supports and one must upgrade the nodes to get to higher speeds
- User Interface is now light speed ahead of where it started.
- Easy to learn and use
- GUI is intuitive and without using it for a while, your comfort level comes back quickly.
- Non service impacting, even when upgrading nodes.
- Positive ROI and saves labor costs of engineers
- Fast to implement
- Worth the cost !!
Do you think IBM Spectrum Virtualize delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with IBM Spectrum Virtualize's feature set?
Did IBM Spectrum Virtualize live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of IBM Spectrum Virtualize go as expected?
Would you buy IBM Spectrum Virtualize again?