Kira is a great tool
June 21, 2020
Kira is a great tool
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Kira Systems
Kira is used in various departments in our organization. For the first few years, the primary use of Kira was for M&A Due Diligence. For the past couple of years, we've been exploring more uses, for example, contract analysis, contract management, and deal studies. The recent "shelter in place" world that we live in has expanded our user's acceptance of Kira.
- Our lawyers love using Kira in straight-forward due diligence projects.
- Recently, more specialists have become interested in using due diligence for their reviews.
- Kira handles the project management very well.
- Working with data rooms (importing updates to the data room) is our users #1 complaint.
- Reporting: It's pretty basic, better graphical interpretation of the results would be helpful.
- Identification of similar documents: I know they're working on it but it would be a good feature to have.
- Our users have reported an increase in accuracy of their work
- Once they understand the product and how it works, they find it's quicker so are reducing the cost of the work.
We've had excellent support from our customer experience representatives (we've gone through a few!) and I would give them a 10 out of 10. I love their Help Portal and direct people there when they want to learn more about Kira. However, removing the FAQs made it harder to "get a quick answer". Users don't want to find what they're looking for when they just want to remind themselves how to do something. Support has been hit and miss. Sometimes, you get a person who actually reads your request and will follow-up to clarify anything they're not sure they understood about your question. Other times, you get a person who gives an answer that has nothing to do with your question and we end up wasting time with back and forth emails (where they often say the exact same thing, even when it's clear the question is about something else).
The users #1 pain point is keeping Kira up-to-date with the documents added to Data Rooms. The first upload is normally fairly straightforward. It's the daily additions that make it hard. Kira offers APIs but it's up to users to develop it and our firm does not have that skillset in-house. The reports are OK but never something we would send to clients so it requires additional work to produce the client report.
Do you think Litera Kira delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Litera Kira's feature set?
Did Litera Kira live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Litera Kira go as expected?
Would you buy Litera Kira again?
Kira is well suited to handle standard M&A due diligence and contract analysis. We're just beginning to explore it to do deal studies and contract management but feel there's a lot of potential to use it for those. We're also exploring ways to use it to enhance our knowledge sharing libraries.