Linode Delivers What It Promises
September 25, 2021
Linode Delivers What It Promises
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Linode
I use Linode in deploying a cloud VPS with a pre-installed Azuracast application. Also, I've tried Linode for deploying Cyberpanel in a Linux VPS. As a freelance webmaster, I use the VPS for my personal project websites. Deploying a VPS at Linode is so easy and lightning fast. I can choose the location of the data center where your audience target is close to that data center location. Linode frees me from manually deploying a Linux Ubuntu variant. With its wide array of applications in the marketplace, I just have to choose how I use my VPS with the application that suits my need.
- Many locations of datacenter
- Wide selection of pre-installed applications in the marketplace
- Price is very affordable.
- User interface in the account panel is easy to understand.
- Fast server
- Linode provides tutorials for new users thru Youtube channel.
- Payment is per usage, not monthly.
- Responsive customer service
- I have not succeeded in using the DNS of Linode with a website not hosted in their server. I hope their DNS is as user-friendly as DO and Vultr.
- Cloud storage user interface is not as easy as DO. I want to see their cloud storage on a pay-per-usage scheme, not monthly.
- For VPS, I wish Linode to increase the SSD space storage of their basic VPS larger than those of competitors.
- Linode allows me to save a lot of money from buying a bare metal dedicated server.
- Linode frees me from the headache of deploying a Linux application with simple 1-2-3 clicks.
- Linode helps me save time what is otherwise a project that requires lots of hours to accomplish.
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) and Google Compute Engine
I chose Linode instead of AWS and Google Compute for two reasons: 1. Cost: With Linode, I can deploy a Linux VPS as cheap as 5 a month that meets my website requirements. 2. User Interface: I admit that AWS EC2 and Google Compute are too complicated for me, but Linode is easy to understand. The panel is so simplified that you don't need a tutorial on how to use it every day.
Linode support service is fast and responsive. One time I had a problem with an IP address that does not work with Cyberpanel's Port Number. And the customer service staff was able to fix the firewall of my VPS. Even though I am just a small-time customer, but my problem was treated with generous attention all via email exchanges.
When I first used Linode I was given a credit so I was able to use their service free for 60 days. After that, I was paying on a monthly basis for a Linux VPS. Having a VPS server with Linode means total freedom how you use it to your needs. You can delete the VPS and re-deploy it if you make a mistake. At a very affordable cost, Linode has become a learning ground whenever I start a new project.
Linode was born even before Amazon and Google entered into cloud computing business, so I trust Linode with full confidence that my projects and data are safe in their hands. Before I started using Linode I read about its history. Indeed, Linode's reliability is beyond question. I have not experienced a server downtime of more than 3 minutes.
Do you think Linode delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Linode's feature set?
Did Linode live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Linode go as expected?
Would you buy Linode again?
Linode is great for those who want to save money even in embarking on large-scale projects. You don't need an expensive dedicated server if you have a VPS on Linode. For those who just start making websites and applications, Linode is a great place to learn by deploying a VPS with a pre-installed script and work on it until you become a master without breaking your wallet. Linode is great for SMEs. I believe Linode can handle corporate requirements but I can't talk about it as my experience with Linode is limited to my personal projects.