Overall Satisfaction with ManageEngine Password Manager Pro
Continuum of Care uses ManageEngine Password Manager Pro as our self-service password reset and recovery tool. With our recent move to longer, more secure passwords we needed to a tool that would offer recovery questions, reset option, and be available through both a web interface and a smartphone app (on both Android and iOS). ManageEngine Password Manager Pro fit the bill perfectly, and the extra feature of GINA integration directly to Windows was a wonderful plus.
- App based password resets
- Windows password recovery
- Third-party password sync (SSO)
- The interface is a little clunky and dated.
- Password Reset via App, Website, and GINA
- Reporting of user state (enrolled, expired, etc.)
- It cut out tickets for password resets in half within a week.
- It allows us to dig into reports and find inactive / unused accounts with ease
- It replaced a multitude of one-off integration tools with other software
- Microsoft Azure Active Directory and Google Workspace (formerly G Suite)
Both Google and Microsoft offer a lot of SSO options with their products, but ManageEngine Password Manager Pro has kept competitive by offering its own integrations, and has the added feature of being self-hosted, which allows greater control of the environment compared to a cloud solution. While normally I am a cloud-first believer, in this case the ability to directly tie into local apps as well as cloud apps, and to integrate into the GINA over the LAN and WAN, has proved its value to me.
Do you think ManageEngine Password Manager Pro delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with ManageEngine Password Manager Pro's feature set?
Did ManageEngine Password Manager Pro live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of ManageEngine Password Manager Pro go as expected?
Would you buy ManageEngine Password Manager Pro again?
It's great for any company that relies on active-directory as their primary source of user password authentication and other data. It's ability to integrate with a host of other tools such as Google Workspace, Azure AD (if you aren't using ADFS/DirSync/etc.), FreshService, Trello, etc. as well local apps like Postgres, i/AS400, and more make it a great middleware tool for SS.