Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft BizTalk Server
We were required to develop a synchronizing tool for uploading, downloading and management for a huge set of documents. This synchronization should happen on daily basis. There should not be any downtime. Users should be able to change business rules dynamically. So we did a POC for using Microsoft BizTalk server for message queueing and using business rule engineering for dynamic rule changes.
- It is very user friendly. Users can change rules during run time and change workflow.
- Huge capacity for queueing messages. It supports all types of adapters like Oracle, Salesforce, SMTP, FTP, etc. Also users can built custom adaptors.
- If users want to dynamically deploy their solution without any downtime, this is a perfect solution. BizTalk will be a good fit, especially for public-facing websites.
- Well-proven in the market. I used it when developing a website for Virgin Trains, catering more than 800K user requests per day.
- Helps in load balancing.
- It still could add more cloud features.
- Need performance improvements.
- It is expensive. Cost should be reduced.
- Very few BizTalk experts. Usage is very low.
- Simplifying the mappers and pipeline configurations.
- We had a positive impact by using BizTalk Server. We were able to deliver a scalable solution which was a huge challenge to cater more than 800K users with a dynamic application.
- Users can run the server in clustered mode and increase capacity with much less cost.
- No need to keep adding web servers. It reduces the need for more web servers.
We used BizTalk Server as we had all other integrating applications developed on .Net and using Microsoft development environment. Kafka is best if integration is between non-Microsoft applications. We had few adapters developed using Microsoft .Net framework. BizTalk is well proven in the market compared to TIBCO and Kafka. Feature-wise, BizTalk Server is far ahead compared to other tools.
BizTalk Server has been supported for more than 15 years. It is well proven in the market. Microsoft has provided excellent support with technical issues.
Do you think Microsoft BizTalk Server delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Microsoft BizTalk Server's feature set?
Did Microsoft BizTalk Server live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Microsoft BizTalk Server go as expected?
Would you buy Microsoft BizTalk Server again?
It is perfectly suited if some heavy operation needs to be automated where jobs can be queued up. Scalable app which is required to develop in a lesser time frame. Good for when users should be able to change rules more frequently without any downtime, like promotions. The server is well proven in the market. BizTalk server is the best fit if all other integration adapters are developed using Microsoft applications and if all applications are meant to be processed on a Windows environment.