Overall Satisfaction with MobileIron
MobileIron is a land and expand product. It is usually purchased for a very specific BYOD use case, but is more widely deployed once the features are realized. They have done a great job at taking an infrastructure product, and tying security into it. I have implemented this product for hospitals to become HIPAA, and also in Colleges for both students and teachers.
- MobileIron is much less intrusive than other MDM solutions, making the user acceptance level very high.
- Administration is easy, with a great workflow through deployment and policy creation.
- Advanced security features insure the mobile device is not the cause of data loss with features like Application Tunneling and Document Control.
- I honestly don't see much room for improvement. I have installed MobileIron 10+ times, including some displacements of existing technologies, and I haven't run into many situations where I wasn't able to check every box of a customer.
- Application tunneling allows users to connect to their internal applications securely through MobileIron's infrastructure, rather than a typical VPN connection.
- Exchange servers are no longer left open for active sync connections from everyone.
- Document control of sensitive information prevents users from exfiltrating data.
MobileIron is usually on the higher end of pricing, but is more competitive if not all of the features are needed. For those customers who truly want to embrace the MDM and BYOD initiatives, MobileIron's features are second to none, and provide more value than the typical bells and whistles.
My company resells this solution. We see a 100% renewal from current customers, and have lost very few deals, which were attributed to price for an budgeted project.
Quick response without endless phone trees. 1st level support is very knowledgeable, and has resolved all of my issues without escalation.
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
While implementing, I was having an issues connecting to LDAP. after various troubleshooting steps, we found that MobileIron was firewalled, and could not communicate. Support stayed on the line while we corrected the problem to verify resolution, though it wasn't even a MobileIron issue.