Overall Satisfaction with MobileIron
We are currently using MobileIron to manage our BYOD phones, primarily iPhones. We use it to enforce passwords, control mail flow along with contact & calendar synchronization with Lotus Notes. Currently, it is only the mobility department that uses the tool however, we are very close to rolling out Atlas to our help desks with reduced roles to allow allow them to wipe/retire users. We are also getting ready to launch self-provisioning through AD.
- With 6.0.1 it allows us to make very specific filters to apply to labels. This makes it easier to manage our different AD groups and make sure that our process is automated.
- MobileIron detailed very well what we need to do to ensure High Availability on our Sentry Servers and Disaster Recovery on our VSP. This sped up our process and we are now implementing HA.
- We also like how easy it is to add apk files for Android application distribution. We use this in our test environment and it works very well for Android.
- One of the things we would like to see with MobileIron is greater support or better PIM solutions that work with Lotus Notes. We know that it is a tall order but it is something that gives us the most trouble when trying to roll out Android devices with our BYOD program. As of now, we have yet to find a solution that works for our situation.
- Another great functionality that could be of some great use would be the ability to remotely control devices or at least view their screens. I know that controlling screens is possible with other MDMs and it would be great to see it on MI as well.
- Overall, it has increased customer satisfaction among our employees as it has allowed them to use iOS and some Android devices instead of BlackBerries. Most of our users were in BlackBerries so their efficiency hasn't really gone up but they are happier with their devices.
I have worked with Soti in the past and that had a great way to control (or at least view) Android screens and also had a great drag and drop method to move people from one group to another to keep the devices segmented in to their respective departments or locations. However, MobileIron is great because it allows us to assign different policies and procedures to people in the same group by applying different labels so they each have their advantages.
So far we have been very pleased with MobileIron and it has accomplished many of our goals. We are looking forward to continued improvements on Windows 8 platforms and Android PIM solutions. The only way that we would leave is if a solution came out that was better suited to work with Lotus Notes.
We have very few complaints when it comes to MI. So far it has offered a great user experience and has been dependable. It handles our mail flow and synchronization well within iOS. If a company is looking for a solution that works with regular updates to their product and regular updates, then MobileIron is a great place to start.
600 - We use it to securely deliver email, contacts, and calendars to devices. We also use it to ensure that a device is securely locked with a passcode and ensure that Android devices are encrypted. We have also used it to push out applications in our test environment such as 3rd party mail clients, document applications, and PIM solutions.
2 - There are two of us that manage the MobileIron platform in terms of polices, configurations, updates, and testing. There are another 4 people that use the software to set up new users and we will be pushing this to our help desks via Atlas within the next few weeks. Most of what us administrators learn is from ourselves and taking the online courses for MobileIron. We do not have any specific degrees or certifications.
- Email, Contact, and Calendar Synchronization
- Security and encryption
- Delivery of applications
- Using Atlas for help desk support and becoming a tier 2 support for our end users.